POROS™ MabCapture™ A Select Resin is a new high-throughput, lower-priced Protein A chromatography resin, combining past improvements to MabCapture A with our own Protein A ligand, enabling the same high-throughput purification performance at a significant reduction in price over most Protein A chromatography resins. These advances provide a monoclonal antibody purification resin that demonstrates high dynamic binding performance at low linear flow rates and maintains superior binding capacity at high linear flow rates where other chromatography media products cannot operate.
With POROS MabCapture A Select affinity chromatography resin you can:
• Maintain high dynamic binding capacity at linear flow rates over 700 cm/hr
• Design processes with greater flexibility (shorter bed heights, faster flow rates, or both) due to the improvements made to the antibody binding efficiency
• Obtain the highest dynamic binding capacity for antibodies vs. conventional agarose- or silica-based Protein A resins
• Purify for polyclonal IgG from human, rabbit, monkey, mouse, pig, dog, or cat serum
• Clean and sanitize with standard sodium hydroxide agents used for other chromatography products
• Recognize major increases to process productivity and reduce the downstream bottleneck
The Protein A molecule contains five high-affinity binding sites capable of binding to the Fc portion of antibodies. Compared to Protein G, Protein A provides the highest binding capacity for subclasses of IgG from rabbits, pigs, dogs, and cats. Protein A also has higher binding capacity for human IgG, except for IgG3, which it binds weakly. Protein A also binds weakly to mouse IgG1 and is not recommended for most applications with that antibody isotype. The Protein A molecule also has greater stability than Protein G. Protein A is heat-stable and retains its native conformation when exposed to denaturing reagents such as 4M urea, 4M thiocyanate, and 6M guanidine hydrochloride.
The development of humanized monoclonal antibodies has continued to fuel the growth of the biotherapeutic market. Addressing the therapeutic demand for monoclonal antibodies has led to major improvements to the cell-based expression systems that are used to manufacture these proteins. Consequently, these improvements have moved the processing bottleneck from upstream cell expression to downstream purification. Protein A chromatography, which is used as the primary capture chromatography step in most antibody process platforms, is generally regarded as the major process bottleneck due to the slow flow rates and long residence times required for the effective operation of conventional Protein A chromatography resin. POROS MabCapture Select chromatography resin offers the capacity, efficiency, and flexibility needed to make improvements to the downstream purification platform, resulting in major increases to process productivity and antibody manufacturing.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.