The PrimeView Human Gene Expression Array enables you to:
• Measure gene expression of more than 36,000 transcripts and variants per sample
• Get accurate and reproducible gene expression data by using multiple independent measurements for each transcript
Proven performance from the industry standard
The GeneChip PrimeView Human Gene Expression Array cartridge enables expression profiling using probe sets with an emphasis on established, well annotated content. Sequences used in the design of the array were selected from the RefSeq version 36, UniGene database 219, and full-length human mRNAs from GenBank™.
• Offers excellent gene expression specificity and reproducibility
• Produces reliable results with multiple independent measurements per transcript — 11 probes per set for well-annotated sequences, 9 probes per set for the remainder
• Provides complete coverage of the annotated genome
• Highest transcript coverage in the industry with the most recent annotation — covers all well- annotated genes and transcripts from RefSeq
• The PrimeView Human Gene Expression Array is comprised of more than 530,000 probes covering more than 36,000 transcripts and variants, which represent more than 20,000 genes mapped through RefSeq or via UniGene annotation.
• The EST and mRNA sequences used in the design were clustered and assembled to create consensus sequences that represent alternative splice forms. Each assembly was then analyzed for orientation and alternative 3' end evidence.
• Content was chosen to cover all well-annotated genes and transcripts from RefSeq v36 and by leveraging all available EST and mRNA evidence that fall into the same clusters, to rigorously detect alternate 3' ends of those well-annotated genes.
• More than 1,000 probe sets represent transcripts that have no official gene symbol in UniGene, but are based on predicted RefSeq sequences and UniGene clusters with good evidence of actual transcription.