Designed to empower next-generation expression profiling studies, the GeneChip™ Human Transcriptome Assay 2.0 provides the ability to go beyond gene-level expression profiling by providing the coverage and accuracy required to accurately detect all known transcript isoforms produced by a gene.
Comprehensive exploration of the transcriptome Research has shown that the tens of thousands of human genes contain hundreds of thousands of exons, which produce hundreds of thousands of different transcript isoforms. These transcript isoforms are produced when the exons of a gene may be included within, or excluded from, the final, processed messenger RNA produced from that gene. Until now, measuring and analyzing these transcript isoforms has been nearly impossible due to technology limitations, sample input requirements, and lack of analysis capabilities/tools.
Comprehensive transcriptome analysis requires combining transcript diversity from multiple data sources Most genes produce multiple transcript isoforms, and measuring changes in the relative abundance of each isoform provides new insights into disease and biology. HTA 2.0 has combined multiple data sources to ensure you are able to independently analyze the broadest collection of transcript isoforms available.
Data sources used to design and annotate the assay RefSeq Vertebrate Genome Annotation (Vega) database Ensembl MGC Mammalian Gene Collection (v10) UCSC Known Genes www.noncode.org UCSC lincRNA transcripts lncRNA db Broad Institute, Human Body Map lincRNAs, and TUCP (transcripts of uncertain coding potential) catalog
Better data than 2 full lanes of sequencing See the HTA 2.0 Flyer in the Documents Section below for additional information. HTA 2.0 provides superior accuracy and precision coupled with the most comprehensive view of the transcriptome.
Bioinformatics built into the array design; no assembly required HTA 2.0 maximizes the amount of unique and valuable information possible by minimizing the conserved sequence synthesized on the array. This high-resolution array design contains an unprecedented >6.0 million probes covering coding transcripts and non-coding transcripts. 70% of the probes on this array cover exons for coding transcripts, and the remaining 30% of probes on the array cover exon-exon splice junctions and non-coding transcripts. The unparalleled coverage of this array provides the deepest insight into all coding and non-coding transcripts available.
Simple, fast, and free analysis solution For the first time ever, HTA 2.0 coupled with Expression Console™ Software and TAC Software offers researchers a complete solution from data to decision making in minutes. This complete analysis solution is provided to all researchers using our expression arrays at no additional cost. In addition, HTA 2.0 data analysis is supported by the same analysis solutions and service providers being used for other expression array data.