The 3500xL Genetic Analyzer is an 24-capillary sequencing instrument specifically designed to support the demanding performance needs of validated and process-controlled environments, while retaining the unsurpassed application versatility that life science researchers expect. The analyzer supports a wide variety of applications, including de novo sequencing and re-sequencing (mutational profiling), as well as microsatellite analysis, MLPA™, LOH, MLST, AFLP®, and SNP validation or screening. The majority of applications can be run on a single polymer and capillary array.
In addition to the 3500xL Genetic Analyzer, this fragment analysis package includes 3500 Series Data Collection Software, a Dell Workstation and monitor, reagent kits for system qualification, and secondary analysis software. 3500 Series Data Collection Software supports sequencing and fragment analysis, and integrates seamlessly with downstream software for secondary analysis of genetic data. GeneMapper™ secondary analysis software is included in this package.
Benefits and features of the 3500 Genetic Analyzer include:
• Cost effective—lower running costs per sample and increased reagent life (14 days)
• Easy setup—no special power outlets or external exhaust needed
• Increased multiplexing—6-dye capability to interrogate more SNPs or markers
• Easy-to-use software—integrated data collection and primary analysis software for real-time assessment of data quality
• Consumables tracking—radio frequency identification (RFID) technology used for residual volume and expiry date tracking
• Improved data uniformity—instrument-to-instrument, run-to-run, and capillary-to-capillary
• More stable and precise fragment sizing due to improved oven temperature control
• Smaller footprint versus 3130/3130xl instruments
Accurate and reliable data quality
The 3500 series systems significantly improve signal uniformity from instrument to instrument, run to run, and capillary to capillary. The combination of intelligent hardware and powerful algorithm and reagent combinations reduce the range of signal peak heights obtained across multiple 3500 series instruments.
Improved sizing precision
The thermal sub-system design provides enhanced performance during demanding fragment analysis applications, enabling improved sizing precision versus previous generations of capillary electrophoresis platforms.
Ready-to-use consumables with RFID tags
The 3500 series utilizes ready-to-use consumables with pre-packaged polymer pouches, cathode and anode buffer containers, and easy-to-install capillary arrays. Each of these consumables includes an integrated RFID tag that enables viewing, tracking, and reporting of critical information, including usage, lot number, part number, expiry date, and on-instrument lifetime, all within the 3500 Series Data Collection Software.
Easy-to-use data collection software
3500 Series Data Collection software features user-friendly navigation with an intuitive dashboard design, highly visible buttons for common operations, easy-to-read graphical displays to monitor the state of consumables, and a handy maintenance scheduling calendar. Additional features include simplified plate set-up and built-in primary analysis with quality control, so you can make decisions about the quality of data as it is produced on the instrument without the need to transfer output files into secondary analysis software packages.