RoboColumn™ chromatography products are small columns provided in 8-column strips. They are useful for fully automated and parallel chromatographic separations using robotic liquid handling platforms. These particular RoboColumns contain POROS™ XS resin, a 50-micron strong cation-exchange resin suitable for low-pressure applications, including large-scale downstream bioprocessing.
POROS XS resin is the first high-capacity, high-resolution resin that allows loading to more than 100 mg/mL capacity in the presence of up to 15 mS/cm NaCl, while delivering unprecedented separation capability. A major improvement on traditional cation exchangers, POROS XS resin sets the standard for cation exchange chromatography.
Features of the resin:
• Dynamic binding capacity leads to reduced column size, smaller footprint, decreased buffer usage, and reduced cycling
• High resolution supports better product yield and improved impurity clearance
• Robust salt tolerance allows improved process flexibility, alignment, and process flow streamlining
• Low back pressure and linear pressure responses help improve scalability
• Rigid polymeric bead with covalent surface chemistry makes for easier handling and packing, and superior physical and chemical stability, resulting in a robust manufacturing process
RoboColumn is a registered trademark of ATOLL GmbH.