Thermo Scientific EquiPhi29 DNA Polymerase is a proprietary phi29 DNA Polymerase mutant developed through in vitro protein evolution. This enzyme is significantly improved over phi29 DNA Polymerase in protein thermostability, reaction speed, product yield, and amplification bias, while retaining all the benefits of the wild-type enzyme, including high processivity (more than 70 kb), strong strand displacement activity, and 3'→5' exonuclease (proofreading) activity acting preferentially on single-stranded DNA or RNA. For this reason exo-resistant random primers are recommended.
• Lowest amplification bias offered in the market
• Extremely high yields of amplified DNA, even from minute amounts of template
• Highly accurate DNA synthesis in shorter time
• Unbiased whole genome amplification (WGA) using a variety of sample types:
–DNA from single cells
–Uncultured microbial cells and viral particles
–Pathogenic organisms or metagenomes
–DNA for SNP and STR detection
• Rolling circle amplification (RCA)
• Protein-primed DNA amplification
• Cell-free cloning of lethal DNA
• In situ genotyping with padlock probes
• RNA-primed DNA amplification
Note: addition of pyrophosphatase to the reaction mixture with EquiPhi29 DNA Polymerase may further enhance DNA synthesis.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.