The CLA (Cell Line Authentication) GlobalFiler PCR Amplification Kit simplifies the amplification step during authentication of cell lines. GlobalFiler PCR amplification kits are 6-dye, 24-locus short tandem repeat (STR) analysis kits that combine maximum compatibility with global databasing loci standards with dramatically reduced amplification time and superior discrimination power, enabling labs with improved overall efficiency. GlobalFiler kits are backed by best-in-class global training, service, and support. This kit includes GeneScan 600 LIZ Size Standard v2.0, a five-dye-labeled, high-density size standard for the reproducible sizing of fragment analysis data.
Features of the CLA GlobalFiler PCR Amplification Kit include:
• 6-dye, 24-locus STR analysis kit compatible with all cell line databasing loci standards
• Maximum compatibility with global databasing loci standards
• Reduced amplification time and superior discrimination power
• Size standard included for ease of purchase
• Compatible with SeqStudio, 3730/xL, and 3500/xL genetic analyzers
Cell line authentication using short tandem repeat (STR) analysis kits can be used both for human sample authentication (HSA) and mixed sample analysis (MSA). In HSA, there is a need to verify the DNA profile of the sample to check for sample cross-contamination or sample mix-up, or to perform a quality check. For MSA there is a need to deconvolute the presence of multiple contributors in a sample (chimerism) through identification of multiple DNA genotypes in the sample.