The Applied Biosystems SeqStudio Genetic Analyzer for HID is a low-throughput, easy-to-use, convenient benchtop system that delivers gold-standard fragment analysis or Sanger sequencing with just a simple click. It is validated across a broad range of HID forensic kits to deliver answers you can trust. The SeqStudio Genetic Analyzer couples the latest advancements in touchscreen usability with the same data quality, reliability, and support you have come to expect from Applied Biosystems instruments.
Features of the SeqStudio Genetic Analyzer for HID include:
• Universal all-in-one cartridge—integrates POP-1 polymer, anode buffer, a polymer delivery system, and a 4-capillary array to minimize instrument setup and maintenance time; allows for on-instrument reagent life of up to six months and 250 injections (1000 samples)
• Trusted results—optimized data collection software (SeqStudio DCS v1.2) and validation certificates for use with many Applied Biosystems STR kits
• SAE software—security, audit, and e-signature functionality for protection and traceability
• Compact design—configurable with either a laptop or desktop computer; the smallest footprint of all of our genetic analyzer systems
• Easy operation—auto-calibration with RFID enabled tracking of consumables usage and interactive touch-screen controls for streamlined workflow
• World-class training and support—every SeqStudio analyzer for HID includes a one-day training by our forensic FAS team to get you up and running quickly; subsequent support by our >2800 field service engineers and technical support scientists located around the globe
The SeqStudio Genetic Analyzer employs a cartridge-based system that is easy to use and easy to maintain. The all-in-one cartridge contains the capillary array, polymer reservoir, and anode buffer. The cartridge design allows for up to six months of on-instrument reagent storage, with a universal polymer (POP-1 polymer) that is compatible with both Sanger sequencing and fragment analysis. The SeqStudio analyzer is compatible with standard 96-well plates or 8-well strip tubes and can generate results in less than 40 minutes per run.
The SeqStudio Genetic Analyzer for HID and DCS v1.2 software were validated according to the Scientific Working Group for DNA Analysis Methods (SWGDAM, December, 2016) for use with the following kits: GlobalFiler, GlobalFiler Express, VeriFiler Plus, VeriFiler Express, Huaxia Platinum, Identifiler Plus, MiniFiler, NGMSelect, NGM Detect, YFiler, YFiler Plus PCR amplification kits. Details and data from the studies, including sizing precision and accuracy, genotyping concordance, resolution, sensitivity and dynamic range, minimum detection threshold, and contamination and mixtures studies, can be found in the SeqStudio Validation User Bulletin. Each laboratory should perform internal validation studies to establish appropriate guidelines, protocols, and procedures prior to implementing a new technology.
Included training is conducted at the customer site by an HID Field Application Scientist. The one-day training includes both classroom instruction as well as a hands-on review of the instrument and user interface. Optionally, a wet-lab section can be accommodated with a walk-through of run setup and performance of an actual injection.
• SeqStudio HID Install kits (Cat. Nos. A46190 or A46182), SeqStudio Cartridge (A41328), GeneMapper IDx software, [extended warranty,] and other system consumables and reagents sold separately.
• A computer is required to run the SeqStudio analyzer for HID with SAE software, so for new installations, we recommend purchasing package A46228 or A46229. For multiple SeqStudio analyzer purchases or other installation configurations, please consult with your local sales representative.