also known as C664-11
|10 x 100 µL
also known as C664-55
|5 x 100 µL
TOP10 Electrocomp E. coli cells are provided at a transformation efficiency of 1 x 1010 cfu/μg supercoiled DNA and are ideal for high-efficiency cloning and plasmid propagation. This strain is used in wide range of applications and allows stable replication of high-copy number plasmids and maintenance of large plasmids.
The TOP10 genotype is similar to the DH10B strain and features:
• hsdR for efficient transformation of unmethylated DNA from PCR amplifications
• mcrA for efficient transformation of methylated DNA from genomic preparations
• lacZΔM15 for blue/white color screening of recombinant clones
• endA1 for cleaner preparations of DNA and better results in downstream applications due to the elimination of non-specific digestion by Endonuclease I
• recA1 for reduced occurrence of non-specific recombination in cloned DNA
Please see the product manual for reaction scale recommendations. A high-voltage electroporation apparatus is required.
F- mcrA Δ(mrr-hsdRMS-mcrBC) φ80lacZΔM15 ΔlacX74 recA1 araD139 Δ(ara-leu)7697 galU galK rpsL endA1 nupG
Find the strain and format that fits your needs
TOP10 is available in chemically competent and electrocompetent cell formats.
Choose MultiShot competent cells for high-throughput cloning applications.
Email us for more information about custom formats.