The CB Omni Fusion analyzer uses either PGNAA or PFTNA, depending on the excitation source selected, to continuously measure in real time the elemental composition of an entire raw material stream being carried on a conveyor belt without touching the materials, and without the errors and costs associated with material sampling for off-line laboratory analysis.
Thermo Scientific™ Omni View software provides the unique and powerful interface for the CB Omni Fusion. This state-of-the-art software processes, displays and archives data while at the same time tracks and monitors the health of the instrument. Omni View is highly configurable and allows users to get the most from their online analysis instrument. What is more, Omni View is capable of running on any number of remote workstations that are on the same network as the main, CB Omni Fusion, operator console.
- Can use either isotope Cf-252 or a neutron generator as excitation source
- Uses 1 to 4 efficient, large volume detectors
- Modular design for easy installation, no building required
- Fits onto existing conveyor truss without needing to cut the conveyor support structure
- Belt widths from 0.6m (23.6 in) to 1.8m (70.8 in)
- Variable tunnel heights to accommodate process conditions
- Uses proprietary Automatic Belt Load Compensation for superior, robust accuracy
- State-of-the-art electronics
- Flexible plant connectivity
- Comprehensive user interface
- Highly configurable and extremely flexible Omni View HMI, with an unlimited number of remote connections
- Onboard Thermo Scientific™ AutoDiagnostics tool
- Blend, sort and monitor product quality in real-time
- Removes need for continuous sampling
- Minimizes use of highest cost, most expensive materials
- Yields consistent product quality
- Reduces effects of process upsets
- Increases mill throughput
- Reduces energy consumption
- Extends refractory life
The CB Omni Fusion is a powerful process optimization tool that can be used in applications such as:
- Mine Grade Control & Optimization
- Material Sorting and Blending
- Reagent Control
When coupled with optional automated process control software from Thermo Fisher Scientific, such as RAMOS (Raw Mix Optimization Software) or PREBOS (PreBlending Optimization Software), the CB Omni Fusion becomes a fully-featured automated control tool. RAMOS and PREBOS use the high frequency analysis provided by the CB Omni Fusion to automatically control raw material feeds to optimize blend proportioning.
Another unique and optional software package designed for the CB Omni Fusion is Thermo Fisher Scientific’s AccuLink. AccuLink is an automated calibration tool and statistical analysis software package that allows the CB Omni Fusion to be continually aligned with a laboratory X-Ray Fluorescence instrument.