Use Tryptone Soya Broth (TSB) as a highly nutritious versatile medium for general laboratory use. Due to the inclusion of both Tryptone and Soya Peptone, the medium will support a luxuriant growth of many fastidious organisms without the addition of serum, etc. TSB conforms to formulations detailed in various international pharmacopoeias. Tryptone Soya Broth is used in food bacteriology as the basal medium to which a variety of selective agents are added for selective enrichment of Staphylococcus aureus
and Escherichia coli
- Quick and easy to prepare — just add deionized water through filter sterilization to each Dry-Bag, and they are ready to use in minutes. Pre-sterilized water can also be added under aseptic conditions.
- Light to transport — there is no weighing of media or sterilization required, reducing the burden on media preparation departments and equipment.
- No handling of glassware or weighing of culture media required, no need to add supplementary reagents — empty bags can be disposed of with normal laboratory waste.
- Quality certificates are available for every batch to help reduce the burden of QC testing.
- Dry-Bags are easily adaptable to laboratory workflows and equipment such as automated diluters.
- Dry-Bags are easy to fill and dispense with minimum training.
- Conveniently packed in flat boxes of five or ten, Dry-Bags take up relatively little space compared to prepared media and can be made up as required.
Re-hydrated Dry-Bags medium can be stored for 3 days at room temp (away from strong light sources) and are available with filters attached for convenience or without filters as a lower-cost option. For those Dry-Bags supplied without filters, autoclavable, reusable filters are also available (DB0200A). For added convenience, it is recommended that the Dry-Bags be filled using the Thermo Scientific Peristaltic Pump (DB2000A or DB3000A) and dispensed using the Thermo Scientific Automated Diluter (DB4000A).
Not all products are available for sale in all territories. Please inquire.
Remel™ and Oxoid™ products are now part of the Thermo Scientific brand, combining powerful manual, semi-automated and fully automated test products and a comprehensive line of media and diagnostic products to offer a complete, end-to-end solution to quickly deliver the products you need and the quality results your laboratory depends on.