Thermo Scientific Native Taq DNA Polymerase is a highly thermostable DNA polymerase of the thermophilic bacterium Thermus aquaticus. The enzyme catalyzes 5'→3' synthesis of DNA, has no detectable 3'→5' exonuclease (proofreading) activity and possesses low 5'→3' exonuclease activity. In addition, the polymerase exhibits deoxynucleotidyl transferase activity, which frequently results in the addition of extra adenines at the 3'-end of PCR products. Native Taq DNA Polymerase is preferred for amplification of bacterial DNA sequences homologous to those found in E. coli.
Taq DNA Polymerase (native, with BSA) is supplied with BSA as a stabilizing agent. This version of Taq DNA Polymerase is often the best choice when amplifying DNA samples of lower purity, e.g. genomic DNA from mouse tail.
• Thermostable—half life is more than 40 min at 95°C.
• Generates PCR products with 3'-dA overhangs.
• Supplied with two buffers—10X Taq Buffer with KCl and 10X Taq Buffer with (NH4)2SO4. The latter allows for PCR at wide range of magnesium concentrations and decreases unspecific priming.
• Incorporates modified nucleotides (e.g., biotin-, digoxigenin-, fluorescently-labeled nucleotides).
• Routine PCR amplification of DNA fragments up to 5 kb
• DNA labeling (see Reference s 1-3)
• High throughput PCR
• The error rate of Taq DNA Polymerase in PCR is 2.2 x 10-5 errors per nt per cycle. Accordingly, the accuracy of PCR is 4.5 x 104. Accuracy is an inverse of the error rate and shows an average number of correct nucleotides incorporated before an error occurs.
• The 10X Taq Buffer without Detergent is recommended for microarray experiments.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.