Advanced quadrupole technology for greater sensitivity and quantitative dynamic range
The Q Exactive HF instrument uses a segmented quadrupole mass filter to achieve more precise precursor isolation for better discrimination between analytes and coeluting interferences. An advanced active beam guide increases ion transmission. The result is superior sensitivity and greater quantitative dynamic range, especially when dealing with complex mixtures.
Multiple, sophisticated modes of data acquisition/quantitation ensure optimum quantitative results
The Q Exactive HF mass spectrometer supports multiple approaches to quantitation including selected ion monitoring (SIM), parallel-reaction monitoring (PRM), and data-independent acquisition (DIA). Users can select the technique best matched to their sample and information requirements.
- SIM - selected ion monitoring provides simple method setup with maximum selectivity and sensitivity. It is ideal for quantifying small numbers of compound in samples of moderate complexity.
- PRM - parallel-reaction monitoring provides high selectivity and high sensitivity with confident targeted confirmation. Quantitation is carried out post-acquisition for greater throughput. High-resolution, accurate-mass Orbitrap spectra ensure confident confirmation through library matching.
- DIA - data independent acquisition enables large-scale targeted proteomics studies with qualitative confirmation. Its simple and universal acquisition set-up does not require detailed sample knowledge prior to data acquisition. DIA increases reproducibility and comprehensiveness with a complete record of quantitative data. It facilitates retrospective analysis of additional analytes.
Ultra-high-field Orbitrap mass analyzer increases resolving power and scan speed for greater productivity and higher confidence in less time
The Q Exactive HF system features a new ultra-high-field Orbitrap mass analyzer that, while physically smaller, provides higher resolution and faster scan speeds. Combined with the inherent superior quality of Orbitrap spectra, the Q Exactive HF system provides more-confident identification and quantitation in less time
- Scan speed up to 18 Hz result in up to 50% more IDs from shorter gradients
- Resolving power of up to 240,000 (FWHM) at m/z 200 ensures maximum ID confidence
- Spectral quality significantly superior to Q-TOF mass spectrometers yields better protein coverage and quantitation results
- Polarity switching (one full cycle in <1 sec at a resolution setting of 60,000) enables analysis of more, different compounds in a single analysis
Optional intact protein mode for enhanced analysis of intact proteins and protein complexes
When research requires analysis of intact proteins or protein complexes, the Q Exactive HF system can be equipped with an intact protein mode option (available on new instruments only). This option enhances analysis of intact proteins through sophisticated ion beam control and easy pressure adjustment.
Specifications, terms, and pricing are subject to change. Not all products are available in all countries. Please consult your local sales representative for details.