Thermo Scientific GeneJET Plant RNA Purification Mini Kit is designed for rapid and efficient purification of high quality total RNA from wide variety of plant species and tissue types.
The kit utilizes silica-based membrane technology in the form of a convenient spin column, eliminating the need for expensive resins, toxic phenol-chloroform extractions, or time-consuming alcohol precipitation. The standard procedure takes less than 20 minutes following cell lysis. Purified high quality RNA can be used in a wide range of downstream applications, such as RT-PCR, RT-qPCR, Northern blotting and other RNA-based analysis. RNA yields vary between different species, tissues, and age of tissue sample. See Table 1 for typical total RNA yields from various sources.
• Fast—procedure completed in 20 min following cell lysis
• Convinient—protocol does not include clogging-prone lysate filtration step
• High yield—up to 65 µg of high purity and high integrity RNA from 50 mg plant sample
• Compatible with wide variety of samples (leaves, roots, sprouts and other parts of various plants)
• Fast extraction of high purity RNA suitable for all conventional molecular biology procedures, including:
• Northern blotting
• Nuclease protection assay
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.