Thermo Scientific™ Pierce™ Premium Grade BS3 is our highest quality formulation of this popular amine-reactive crosslinker, specially characterized for applications where product integrity and risk minimization are paramount. BS3 is a noncleavable, membrane-impermeable, water-soluble crosslinking agent for amines.
• High quality—identity and purity confirmed by multiple tests, including quantitative NMR
• Product integrity—enhanced level of testing and characterization compared to standard grade
• Lot retention—ample supply of past lots retained to help ensure future process testing
• Change management—Change Control Notification (CCN) service
• Consistent manufacture—batch-specific manufacturing documentation review
Compared to the standard grade product, Premium Grade BS3 provides more clearly defined quality and product support by including increased analytical testing and product characterization, greater batch-specific information and quality assurance review, extensive lot sample retention, and change control notification.
BS3 is bis(sulfosuccinimidyl)suberate, an amine-to-amine crosslinker that is homobifunctional, water-soluble, non-cleavable, and membrane impermeable. BS3 contains an amine-reactive N-hydroxysulfosuccinimide (NHS) ester at each end of an 8-carbon spacer arm. NHS esters react with primary amines at pH 7–9 to form stable amide bonds, along with release of the N-hydroxysulfosuccinimide leaving group. Proteins, including antibodies, generally have several primary amines in the side chain of lysine (K) residues and the N-terminus of each polypeptide that are available as targets for NHS-ester crosslinking reagents.
• Crosslink cell-surface proteins prior to cell lysis and immunoprecipitation
• Identify receptor-ligand interactions by chemical crosslinking
• 'Fix' protein interactions to allow identification of weak or transient protein interactions
• Identify near-neighbor protein interactions
• Crosslink proteins to create bioconjugates via single-step reactions
• Immobilize proteins onto amine-coated surfaces
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.