The Invitrogen Bigfoot Cell Sorter provides power, performance, and flexibility to help accelerate cutting edge discoveries. Designed to streamline the cell sorting workflow and enhance the user experience, the Bigfoot sorter has a multitude of cell sorting advancements and unique capabilities to enable the most complex multi-parameter sorts and to meet high-throughput demands for a wide range of applications. Automated workflows and built-in control systems enable users of all skill levels to sort cells efficiently and confidently. The Bigfoot Cell Sorter allows both acquisition and sorting on spectrally unmixed data or conventionally compensated data, streamlining the workflow from panel development to high-speed sorting.
Features of the Bigfoot Cell Sorter include:
• Configured with up to 9 lasers and 60 detectors for the most complex sorts
• High throughput—10 times faster plate deposition for multiple plate configurations
• Custom-designed, integrated biocontainment enclosure which provides personnel and product protection similar to a Class II biosafety cabinet
• Highly intuitive, simplified software protocols and user-focused ergonomic improvements transform the cell sorting experience
High-performance flow cytometry
With custom electronics, firmware, and software designed specifically for high-performance sorting, the Bigfoot Cell Sorter has the power and flexibility to tackle the most challenging applications.
• Can be configured with (or field upgraded to) up to 9 lasers and 60 detectors
• Spectral unmixing option in addition to standard fluorescence detection
• High-speed electronics enabling rates of >100,000 eps for acquisition and >70,000 eps for sorting
• Multiple scatter options allow simultaneous standard and small particle detection, multi-laser scatter detection, and/or polarization
High-throughput plate sorting
The Bigfoot Cell Sorter features unique hardware innovations that significantly improve the plate deposition speed, but also the accuracy, efficiency, and recovery of single-cell deposition. The average time to complete a 96-well plate is about ten times faster than other cell sorters.
• Highly accurate, consistent, rapid plate sorting
• 4-way sorting (96-well plate), multi-way sorting (384-well plate), or straight-down sorting into 1536-well plates
• Multi-way plate sorting options include 96 well, 384 well, PCR strips, slides, 10X genomics chips
Completely innovative solution for biosafety
The Bigfoot Spectral Cell Sorter features an integrated biocontainment enclosure that provides personnel and product protection similar to a Class II biosafety cabinet. The unique ergonomic design is a quiet, efficient alternative that protects both the user and the sample from contamination. Test procedures and criteria laid out within NSF49 and EN12469 can be utilized to demonstrate performance. The custom-designed enclosure protects operators and samples from aerosols without compromising high-parameter sorter performance or impacting workflow. A separate aerosol management system meets ISAC guidelines for cell sorters.
• Integrated safety—dedicated sort-area aerosol management system (AMS), HEPA filter, and integrated software communication provide containment warnings and increased flow to maintain protection if a clog is detected
• Minimal areas, such as the nozzle, sample prep, and sort chamber, are enclosed. The electronics, lasers, and optics remain outside the containment zone for easier service access and temperature control.
• Convenience and organization—built-in sample vortex, plate-storage area, tube rack, and biohazard bag streamline the workflow within the sort area
Experience a better way to sort cells
The Bigfoot Cell Sorter brings much-needed, truly unique innovations to simplify the user experience and address the common frustrations with sorting.
• Automated nozzle docking station for simplified nozzle cleaning and storage
• On-board calibration beads for programmable, automated start-up and calibration
• Hot-Swap Fluidics for continuous operation
• Remote service and support
Download the brochure below for more information.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.