Maintain the viability of enteric bacterial pathogens during transport and storage with a formulation that includes 1.16% agar and is ready for use without any special preparation. Save valuable storage space with a transport that is stored in its original container at room temperature.
- Cary-Blair with Indicator is an isotonic and nonnutritive medium, which does not contain a fermentable carbohydrate.
- Sodium thioglycollate is added to impede oxidation.
- Disodium phosphate is incorporated in the medium to act as a buffering agent, which prevents overgrowth of Escherichia coli and Enterobacter species.
- The relatively high pH minimizes the destruction of bacteria due to acid formation.
- Phenol red, a pH indicator, is added to demonstrate acidic shifts that can affect the viability of some enteric pathogens.
Add convenience and safety to your fecal collection procedures with a broad line of transport products which have a long shelf life and are designed especially for enteric diagnostic testing.
Look to us for convenient kit packaging options, including bulk kits.
Multilingual patient collection instructions are included.
Choose from a wide range of collection and preservation products for fecal specimens, which is important to the successful growth, isolation and detection of microorganisms.
- Cary Blair with Indicator
- Formalin 10%
- Formalin 5%
- PVA Modified Fixative
- SAF Fixative
- Zinc PVA Fixative
- Empty Vial
Not all products are available for sale in all territories. Please inquire.
Remel™ and Oxoid™ products are now part of the Thermo Scientific brand, combining powerful manual, semi-automated and fully automated test products and a comprehensive line of media and diagnostic products to offer a complete, end-to-end solution to quickly deliver the products you need and the quality results your laboratory depends on.