The 21PlusHD for Extrusion incorporates a suite of advanced application packages for film and sheet manufacturing to increase the quality, consistency and performance characteristics of cast film, cast sheet, co-extrusion, and biax film products.
Advanced sensor technology is at the heart of the 21PlusHD platform through the Thermo Scientific™ PROSIS full spectrum NIR, Thermo Scientific™ ShadowMaster LED laser, and the latest Thermo Scientific™ Beta Plus nucleonic sensor devices.
Each application package is specifically designed for the different processes required in the manufacture of world-class extruded products. The suite of Thermo Scientific advanced machine-direction and cross-direction controls improve both quality and productivity, delivering consistent results and an impressive return on investment.
Automatic Profile Control (APC) uses advanced mapping strategies for both the linear and non-linear (neck-in) regions of the extruded product. Machine Direction (MD) thickness control strategies include controlling line speed, screw or pump speed, or extruder ratio, to maintain the extruded product to thickness specifications. Options for increasing output (Throughput Control) and minimizing resin usage (Target Management Control) are also available. Target Management Control adjusts product to a system-calculated dynamic target, providing both low point and low average protection.
The APC package includes hardware and software to control auto dies to achieve and maintain cross-direction uniformity of extruded film. APC utilizes high-resolution product profile measurements from the systems scanning sensors to continuously adjust die bolts, resulting in reduced profile variations. When coupled with MD Control, APC ensures product uniformity and superior roll quality, resulting in quality improvement, scrap reduction, and material savings for tangible economic returns.
- Application package includes core operating software for film and sheet extrusion lines
- Standard user-friendly displays configured specifically for extrusion applications
- Extensive support for both mono and co-extrusion lines
- Accommodates the full line of Thermo Scientific sensors for a variety of measurements.
- Compatible with most major makes of line and die manufacturers.
- Wide variety of reporting options including roll, slit roll, shift, product production.
- Extensive link options to automation control systems.
- Comprehensive suite of APC and MD control options
- PROSIS non-nuclear thickness and weight measurement available
- Wonderware™ InTouch visualization software version 14 R2
- Dell OptiPlex XE3 Pc
- Windows™ 10
- 2D profiles
- 3D contour view
- Blanket view ( heat map display)
- MD and CD controls
- Edge and full zoom
- Roll reports
- Single point / FFT
- Defect report