Gold Antifade Mountant is a liquid mountant applied directly to fluorescently labeled cell or tissue samples on microscope slides. It contains chemical components designed to protect fluorescent dyes from fading (photobleaching) during fluorescence microscopy experiments. SlowFade
Gold Antifade Mountant is glycerol-based, with no mixing or curing required, which makes it ideal for immediate viewing of the sample. It comes ready-to-use—just apply a drop to the sample, add a coverslip, and image. It is available with or without DAPI nuclear stain.
• Protects dyes from fading during imaging
• Ready-to-use liquid, ideal for immediate sample viewing
• Mounted samples are stable for weeks
• Maintains signal strength—little to no quenching
• Ideal for Alexa Fluor dyesSelect the antifade mounting or optical clearing reagent that matches your fluorescence imaging needs ›SlowFade
Gold Antifade Mountant is not recommended for mounting samples containing fluorescent proteins, such as GFP. For superior antifade protection of fluorescent proteins and fluorescent dyes in cultured cells or thin tissue slices, SlowFade
Diamond Antifade Mountant is recommended. For high resolution or to image thicker tissue or 3D cell culture with a focal depth of 0–500 µm, try SlowFade Glass Antifade Mountant.Select best SlowFade antifade reagent for your experimental needs ›
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.