Texas Red™-X phalloidin is a high-affinity F-actin probe conjugated to our bright, photostable, red fluorescent Texas Red™-X dye.
• Selectively stains F-actin
• Outstanding fluorescence performance
• Excitation/Emission: 591/608 nm
• Superior to antibody staining
• Optimal for fixed and permeabilized samples Get Superior Results in Actin Staining Studies
Phalloidin is a bicyclic peptide belonging to a family of toxins isolated from the deadly Amanita phalloides
'death cap' mushroom and is commonly used in imaging applications to selectively label F-actin. Fluorescently-labeled phalloidin has virtually identical binding properties with actin from different species including plants and animals. Phalloidin binds F-actin with high selectivity while Texas Red™-X provides red fluorescence with superior brightness. Demonstrating very little nonspecific staining, Texas Red™-X phalloidin allows high-contrast discrimination of actin staining.Use in Multiple Applications
Texas Red™-X phalloidin can be used to visualize and quantitate F-actin in tissue sections, cell cultures, or cell-free preparations. Texas Red™-X phalloidin staining is fully compatible with other fluorescent stains used in cellular analyses including fluorescent proteins, Qdot™ nanocrystals, and Alexa Fluor™ conjugates including secondary antibodies.
For research use only. Not intended for human or animal therapeutic or diagnostic use.Related Links
• Read about labeling F-Actin with phallotoxins
• Create a Cellular Masterpiece with Alexa Fluor™ Phalloidin using the Cell Paint Tool
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.