FT-Near-infrared (FT-NIR) is an ideal technology for routine analysis in the food and feed industry. Some of the advantages are:
- Accuracy, precision, short time of analysis
- Limited sample preparation
- Replaces typical time consuming, expensive and hazardous primary analysis
- Spectral data in the NIR region can be acquired by diffuse reflection, transflectance or transmission of the light on the sample
- Analyze a wide range of samples such as:
- Coarse solids
- Opaque and Clear Liquids
Analyzing food, feed or beverages?
Learn how the Thermo Scientific™ Antaris™ II FT-NIR analyzer helps ensure product quality from beginning to end.
- Liquids can be measured more quickly by NIR than by primary method for moisture, protein, fat, free fatty acids, ethanol, density, solids, organic acids, carbohydrate profile and other important constituents.
- Sample prep is eliminated and results produced within a minute.
- Effective tool for measuring key parameters in alcoholic beverages, liquid sweeteners, edible oils, fruit juices, coffee, tea, soft drinks and nutritional formulas.
- Quickly and accurately measures fat, moisture, protein, lactose, casein, total solids and other important constituents.
- A particular application that has shown great success is fat and dry matter analysis of cheese for process control.
- Examples of dairy products analyzed are milk, butter, casein, cheese, cream cheese, yogurt, baby formula, dried milk and whey powders.
- Generate key quality results for protein, moisture, oil, particle size, ash, color, starch damage and water absorption.
- Analyze ingredients, process and final product samples.
- Examples of samples that can be analyzed are flour, bread, biscuit, cake mixes, breakfast cereals, pasta, snack foods, dough, additives and nutrient premixes.
Pre-calibrated Food Solutions: Food, Flour, & Ingredient Analysis
Companies in the food and feed industries are under increasing pressure to produce products that meet customer specifications while increasing plant production and profitability. Near-Infrared spectroscopy is a solution that helps companies optimize their production process and guarantee products are meeting specifications. The Thermo Scientific Antaris Analyzer with INGOT™ calibration packages offers a pre-calibrated solution using FT-NIR. Traditionally, quality tests have been undertaken by lengthy chemical methods, which are labor intensive, time consuming, and require experienced technicians. Learn more about the benefits of near-infrared for flour, feed and ingredient testing to:
- Monitor and control your process to maximize production and profitability.
- Rapid, multi-component analysis simultaneously without chemical or disposable costs.
- Near-infrared can save you time, money and analytical resources.
- Ensure product meets final product specifications.
- Determine the quality of incoming ingredients at intake.
View any of the following recorded webinars:
See the most Frequently Asked Questions about near-infrared spectroscopy.
Access a targeted collection of application notes, case studies, videos, webinars and white papers covering a range of applications for Fourier Transform infrared spectroscopy, Near-infrared spectroscopy, Raman spectroscopy, Nuclear Magnetic Resonance, Ultraviolet-Visible (UV-Vis) spectrophotometry, X-Ray Fluorescence, and more.