New brand, same trusted formula
October 2021—Acros Organics, Alfa Aesar and Maybridge brands transition to Thermo Scientific
We have several exciting changes regarding our products and brands to announce. Effective October 2021, we will be consolidating our product portfolio and transitioning the Acros Organics, Alfa Aesar and Maybridge brands to one single brand, Thermo Scientific. These changes are being made to simplify the product and service offering and provide our customers with one complete portfolio.
Starting October 2021, our Acros Organics, Alfa Aesar and Maybridge products will be branded Thermo Scientific.
Some of the key changes we plan to implement are:
- Acros Organics, Alfa Aesar and Maybridge branded products will transition to the Thermo Scientific brand.
- This means that all products packed and labeled from mid-October 2021 onwards will be branded Thermo Scientific.
- We will not re-label existing product on our shelves. Until existing stock of Acros Organics and Alfa Aesar labeled products are depleted, you will see a mixture of Acros Organics, Alfa Aesar and Thermo Scientific branded products in your order.
- All product documentation will transition to Thermo Scientific branding.
- All product caps will transition to the color red, in alignment with the overall theme of the Thermo Scientific brand. Again, until product stocks are depleted, you may see a mixture of products with both the old and new cap colors.
- We have already started the process of removing items with very low and zero historical demand from the portfolio.
- Subsequently, to address product overlap from each brand, some products from the Acros Organics, Alfa Aesar and Maybridge brands will be removed from the portfolio. In these instances, alternative products will be identified and offered as replacements. This step will be completed in the first half of 2022.
- All remaining products will retain their current product codes—these will not change.
- We would like to reassure you one more time that the specification, quality and performance of the products will not change.
See our FAQs below for answers to your frequently asked questions about rebranding.
For further questions, please contact your local customer support team.
A. We are consolidating our chemicals (Acros Organics, Maybridge, Alfa Aesar, and Thermo Scientific) under a single brand (Thermo Scientific) in order to streamline our supply chain and to improve product availability. In parallel with rebranding, we are releasing our chemicals on our company website, thermofisher.com, making it easier to purchase our chemicals in more locations.
A. There will not be any change to the product composition, technical specifications, or product source. There will be some changes to the product packaging: most caps will be changing to red and all labels will be updated to a single style with Thermo Scientific branding.
A. Overall, our original product codes will remain the same. There are slight differences in our product codes depending on which website the product is ordered from. With the launch of our chemicals on thermofisher.com, there may be small formatting differences from products previously purchased on alfa.com.
A. The new labeling will start to appear in late October. For a transitional period of approximately six months, you may receive a mix of Thermo Scientific, Acros Organics, and Alfa Aesar labeled products in the same shipment. This will progressively become less common as the volume of newly labeled product increases. You will continue to see a mix of labeling for our chemical products until inventory is depleted of Acros Organics and Alfa Aesar labeled product.
A. There are no changes planned to handling or shipping as part of the chemical brand consolidation. There may be some carrier differences if chemicals are ordered through our thermofisher.com website starting in late October.
A. You will find Acros Organics and Alfa Aesar products on the same websites and from the same distributors moving forward. Starting in late 2021, you will find the relabeled versions of Acros Organics and Alfa Aesar chemicals. In addition, you will find these products in the product catalog and the Chemicals storefront on thermofisher.com starting in late October 2021.
A. You can continue to buy our chemicals from a range of distributors and websites. We do not have any distributor changes planned as part of the brand consolidation. We will inform customers directly if they are impacted by a distributor change.
A. In most cases you will be able to keep using the same products you are familiar with. We will discontinue products to reduce duplications, overlaps, and products requested very rarely, and will offer an alternative if one is available. We welcome your feedback on specific product needs and can offer custom sourcing and formats to address gaps.
A. Document layouts will change slightly to align with branding changes. The content and the technical details of our product documents are not changing.
A. MSDS and CoAs will remain available on the various websites. Products being released on thermofisher.com will include the SDS and CoAs.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic or therapeutic procedures.