Let us help you ensure the accuracy of your real-time PCR results
Maximize your resources while maintaining the accuracy and quality of the results produced by your Applied Biosystems real-time PCR system. With our Calibration Service, Field Service Engineers (FSEs) will calibrate your system on-site for accurate spectral data output.
Why do you need this service?
The software in your Applied Biosystems real-time PCR instrument compares raw spectral data to an on-board pure dye calibration file to characterize and distinguish the individual contribution of each dye. Accurate calibration is critical to the optimal operation of your instrument; we recommend that a pure dye calibration be performed every 6 months, after system repair, and after planned maintenance activities.
What will this service provide?
A Calibration Service will:
- Help ensure the accuracy and quality of your real-time PCR results
- Save time and reduce the burden on your staff
- Increase efficiency, as the service can be performed with other planned maintenance
- Lower expenses by reducing staff time and the opportunity cost of instrument downtime
- Improve convenience, as our FSEs can perform the calibration on a routine basis or as needed
What’s included in the Calibration Service?
During the calibration service, the FSE will have the system collect spectral data from a series of pure dye standards, and then store the information in the pure spectra run file (a calibration file in the SDS directory). In addition to labor, the service includes:
- Certification documentation
- Certificate of calibration
- Travel expenses for the engineer
Why is our service team the best choice to perform this service?
The on-site Calibration Service is performed by one of our field service engineers (FSEs) who has unmatched knowledge and experience qualifying our software, instruments, and related systems. Each FSE is certified on our Applied Biosystems instrument platforms through a rigorous four-step certification program, which is maintained via a re-certification process every two years. FSEs must complete factory-authorized training and demonstrate excellence in proficiency by successfully completing a thorough on-site skills assessment with a qualified Applied Biosystems Instrument Certifier. This unparalleled program helps to ensure that you receive the most efficient, highest quality, and up-to-date service available for Applied Biosystems instruments.
Which Applied Biosystems real-time PCR Systems are covered?
The Calibration Service is available for the following Applied Biosystems real- time PCR systems:
- 7000 Sequence Detection System
- 7900HT Real-Time PCR System
- 7300, 7500, and 7500 Fast Real-Time PCR Systems
- ViiA 7 Real-Time PCR System
- StepOne™ Real-Time PCR System
- StepOnePlus Real-Time PCR System
- QuantStudio 12K Flex system
- QuantStudio 6 Flex Real-Time PCR System
- QuantStudio 7 Flex Real-Time PCR System
- QuantStudio 3 Real-Time PCR System
- QuantStudio 5 Real-Time PCR System
How do I order the Calibration Service?
For new and existing customers, the Calibration Service is included as part of the AB Assurance or AB Complete Service plans. You can also purchase the Calibration Service with your Planned Maintenance (PM) or, for selected instruments, as a stand-alone service.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.