Thermo Scientific Tween-80 Surfact-Amps Detergent Solution is a highly-purified Tween™ 80 detergent stabilized as a 10% solution (w/v) and packaged under nitrogen in glass ampules or non-leaching HDPE bottles, ensuring it's stability and eliminating the accumulation of peroxides and degradation products.
Features of Tween-80 Surfact-Amps Detergent Solution:
• Tween 80
—a popular nonionic detergent for use in ELISA, Western blotting and other immunoassay PBS or TBS wash buffers
—precise 10% detergent solution in ultrapure water
—solution is simple to dispense and dilute for use
• Exceptionally pure
—less than 1.0µeq/mL peroxides and carbonyls
—packaged under inert nitrogen gas in glass ampules or HDPE bottlesProperties of Tween 80:
• Molecular Weight: 1310g
• Detergent Class: Nonionic polyoxyethylene surfactant
• Aggregation Number: 60
• Micelle Molecular Weight: 76,000g
• Critical Micelle Concentration (CMC): 0.012 mM (0.0016%, w/v)
• Cloud Point: Unknown
• Dialyzable: NoSpecifications for Tween 80 Surfact-Amps Detergent Solution:
• Visual: Slightly hazy to cloudy, colorless solution, free of particulates; may form layers.
• Concentration: 10.0±1.0%
• Oxidants: ≤1.0µeq/mL
• Carbonyls: ≤1.0µeq/mL
• Suspended Solids: Residue present must not exceed Residue Reference.Related ProductsSurfact-Amps™ Detergent Sampler
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.