Thermo Scientific Pierce IP Lysis Buffer is optimized for cell lysate yield, purity and compatibility with immunoprecipitation (IP and Co-IP) as the downstream application for the cell lysate.
Features of IP Lysis Buffer:
• Optimized for compatibility with immunoprecipitation and pull-down assays
• Compatible with protein assays, reporter assays and immunoassay procedures
• Ready-made formula is effective for extracting cytoplasmic, membrane and nuclear proteins
• Gentle formulation helps maintain protein complexes for co-immunoprecipitation
• Does not liberate genomic DNA which can cause high sample viscosity
IP Lysis Buffer is a mammalian whole cell lysis reagent based on a modified RIPA buffer formulation without SDS. This moderate-strength lysis buffer effectively solubilizes cellular proteins but does not liberate genomic DNA or disrupt protein complexes like ordinary RIPA buffer. Pierce IP Lysis Buffer is specially formulated for pull-down and immunoprecipitation assays.
Pierce IP Lysis Buffer is effective for lysing cultured mammalian cells from both plated cells and cells pelleted from suspension cultures. Optimized for pull-down and immunoprecipitation assays, this lysis buffer is also compatible with many other applications, including the Thermo Scientific Pierce BCA and 660 nm Protein Assays, protein purification and immunoassays (e.g., ELISA, Western blot).
Pierce IP Lysis Buffer is composed of 25 mM Tris-HCl pH 7.4, 150 mM NaCl, 1 mM EDTA, 1% NP-40 and 5% glycerol. The buffer does not contain protease or phosphatase inhibitors; however, if desired, inhibitors, such as Thermo Scientific Halt Protease Inhibitor Cocktail or Phosphatase Inhibitor Cocktail can be added just before use to prevent proteolysis and maintain phosphorylation of proteins.Related ProductsM-PER™ Mammalian Protein Extraction ReagentRIPA Lysis and Extraction Buffer
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.