The Axiom Genome-Wide BOS 1 Array Plate is designed to maximize genetic and physical SNP coverage and offers up to 34 percent more genetic coverage of commercially important cattle breeds, including Bos taurus
, Bos indicus
, as well as dairy and beef breeds. The array covers more than 640,000 validated SNP markers representing the genetic diversity of approximately 3 million SNPs from the Affymetrix Bovine Genomic Database.
Developed in collaboration with key scientists in the bovine genotyping industry, the Axiom Genome-Wide BOS 1 Array Plate enables accurate genetic merit evaluations, genome-wide association studies to identify variations associated with disease, drug response, and other economically important traits, as well as biodiversity research and linkage disequilibrium (LD) studies.Benefits of the Axiom Genome-Wide BOS 1 Array Plate:
• Up to 34 percent higher genetic coverage than any array on the market
• The broadest coverage of beef and dairy breeds
• Designed and priced with breeders in mind
• Built from a database of 3 million validated SNPs for reliable results
• Developed in collaboration with 10 leading bovine researchers
Note: Validated SNPs are SNPs that are polymorphic among 20 cattle breeds and demonstrate high performance on the Axiom genotyping assay.Required ProductsAxiom Analysis SuiteGeneChip Command Console SoftwareGeneTitan Multi-Channel Instrument
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.