The Ion Torrent Oncomine Childhood Cancer Research Assay consists of four pools of Ion AmpliSeq oligonucleotide primers and associated reagents to generate amplicon libraries for next-generation sequencing (NGS) on the Ion GeneStudio S5 platforms. The assay is designed to provide researchers with sensitive and comprehensive sample amplification of relevant DNA mutations and fusion transcripts associated with childhood and young adult cancers in a single NGS run. The panel is comprised of 202 unique genes: 130 key DNA genes, 28 copy number variant targets, an expansive fusion panel of 90 driver genes with multiple partners, and 9 expression genes and controls. These cover the most relevant targets in the vast majority of all childhood and young adult oncology research samples.
This version of the assay is for manual library preparation. For automated library preparation using the Ion Chef System, see the Oncomine Childhood Cancer Research Assay, Chef-Ready
• Simple, robust workflow that encompasses mutations and fusions in two DNA and two RNA pools in a single NGS run
• Excellent coverage of all relevant targets
• Multiplex up to eight samples on a single Ion 540 Chip
• Compatible with as little as 10 ng/pool input DNA or RNA per library from blood, bone marrow, or FFPE samples
• Validated detection of somatic variants down to 5% allele frequency
• Simple and fast workflow produces targeted libraries in 3.5 hours typically
• For use on the Ion GeneStudio S5 Systems with manual or automated library preparation
The Oncomine Childhood Cancer Research Assay is a comprehensive, targeted NGS assay designed to assist researchers in the understanding of childhood and young adult cancer. The assay is a complete kit facilitating the amplification of multiple gene targets from FFPE, blood, or bone marrow samples with as little as 10 ng of input DNA or RNA per pool.
Leveraging the power of Ion AmpliSeq technology, this highly multiplexed NGS assay enables the generation of results from multiple samples in a single run. Designed for use on the Ion GeneStudio S5 sequencing systems, results are delivered in days rather than weeks. The assay is aligned with bioinformatics workflows within Torrent Suite and Ion Reporter analysis software that utilize optimized variant calling parameters for SNV, InDel, copy number variant, and fusion transcript detection. Samples can be processed quickly and easily, and variants detected and identified confidently.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.