Thermo Scientific T7 DNA Polymerase, a template dependent DNA polymerase, catalyzes DNA synthesis in the 5'→3' direction. It is a highly processive DNA polymerase allowing continuous synthesis of long stretches of DNA. The enzyme also exhibits a high 3'→5' exonuclease activity towards single- and double-stranded DNA.
• Strong 3'→5' exonuclease activity, approximately 1000-fold greater than Klenow Fragment
• Active in restriction enzyme buffers
• Purification of covalently closed circular DNA by removal of residual genomic DNA
• Primer extension reactions on long templates (see Reference 1)
• DNA 3'-end labeling (see Reference 1)
• Strand extensions in site-directed mutagenesis
• Fill-in blunting of 5'-overhang DNA
• Second strand synthesis of cDNA
• In situ detection of DNA fragmentation associated with apoptosis
Assays at 37°C require only short incubation times .
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.