Thermo Scientific Maxima H Minus First Strand cDNA Synthesis Kit is a complete system for highly efficient synthesis of first strand cDNA. The kit uses the Maxima H Minus Reverse Transcriptase (RT), which is an advanced enzyme derived by in vitro
evolution of M-MuLV RT. The enzyme features the highest thermostability among the derivatives of M-MuLV RT and lacks RNase H activity. The Maxima H Minus First Strand cDNA Synthesis Kit allows synthesis of long cDNAs up to 20 kb at elevated temperatures (up to 65°C), superseding other systems' abilities to produce full-length cDNA. Due to increased synthesis rates the reaction can be completed in 30 minutes.Highlights
• Increased reaction temperatures—the first strand of cDNA can be synthesized within the 42 to 65°C temperature range
• High yields of full-length first strand cDNA—with RNA templates up to 20 kb
• Flexible priming—oligo(dT)18
, random hexamer, or gene-specific primersApplications
• First Strand cDNA synthesis for RT-PCR
• Construction of cDNA libraries
• Generation of probes for hybridization
• Antisense RNA synthesisIncludes
• Maxima H Minus First Strand cDNA Synthesis Kit contains Maxima H Minus Enzyme Mix, Oligo(dT)18
and Random hexamer primers, 5X RT Buffer, dNTP Mix, and nuclease-free water.Additional information about reaction components
• Maxima H Minus Enzyme Mix contains Maxima H Minus Reverse Transcriptase
and RiboLock RNase Inhibitor
. RiboLock RNase Inhibitor effectively protects RNA templates from degradation by RNases A, B and C at temperatures up to 55°C.
and random hexamer
primers are supplied with the kit. Random hexamer primers bind non-specifically and are used to synthesize cDNA from all RNAs in a total RNA population. The oligo(dT)18
primer selectively anneals to the 3'-end of poly(A) RNA, synthesizing cDNA only from poly(A) tailed mRNA. Gene-specific primers may also be used with the kit to prime synthesis from a specified sequence.
• 10 mM dNTP Mix
is a premixed aqueous solution of dATP, dTTP, dCTP, and dGTP.
• Nuclease-free water
is provided for reaction set-up and dilution of sample DNA. The absence of endo-, exodeoxyribonucleases, ribonucleases, and phosphatases has been confirmed by appropriate quality tests.Related ProductsMaxima H Minus First Strand cDNA Synthesis Kit, with dsDNaseMaxima H Minus First Strand cDNA Synthesis Kit
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.