Real-time data visualization and analytics unlock hidden value in your data
Laboratories produce vast amounts of data in many types and forms. Some of that data relates to the samples analyzed and the tests performed, some is the results of those tests, other data will be related to the people working in the lab, or the instruments and equipment used. All this data has the potential to inform and advance the business, or to be analyzed further using Artificial Intelligence or Machine Learning to drive deeper insight, but only if it can be put into context and delivered in a useful format to the people who need it to make informed decisions.
The Data Analytics Solution for Thermo Scientific SampleManager LIMS provides authorized users with a set of out-of-the-box dashboards, displaying key business and laboratory insights. Resource availability, stock information, location status and lab performance are displayed in a clear interactive format, with current status information and the ability to drill down for further detail and results.
Unlock even more information from your data
In addition to the pre-configured dashboards in the Data Analytics Solution, any data stored in SampleManager LIMS can be displayed using graphs, charts or tables and collated together in dashboards to provide relevant information to key stakeholders. The powerful data visualization capabilities in SampleManager LIMS enable the user to configure dashboards and overviews, which can be made available to specific groups or users either on log in or on demand as needed.
Laboratory resource management
Up-to-date overviews of lab health show resource availability, including instrument uptime and workload, analyst workload and stock availability.
- Assess capacity to take on additional work
- Shift allocation of work where staff are unavailable
- Plan instrument and equipment maintenance during quieter periods
- Monitor workload over time to better understand and plan laboratory resources
View location and availability of resources, such as reagents and consumables, to drive advanced procurement.
- Accurately plan and spend only on resources which are required when and where they are needed
- Show various locations so supplies can be sourced and reallocated if needed
- Enables improved understanding of usage and distribution of stock to better equip labs for their work
Display overall key performance indicators for the lab.
- Volume of samples at different process stages
- Percentage on-time analyses
- Average time taken at each stage
- Volume of incoming samples can be used to enable resource planning and allocation as new work comes into the lab
For a selected location or sampling point the location is displayed and the user is provided with interactive views:
- Show updated results as each location is selected
- View multiple analyte results by sampling point
- Filter to show results over a specified time period
Job or sample status
Provides an understanding of lab workload as well as any bottlenecks at each stage.
- Overviews of the number of jobs/samples received, completed and authorized over a specified time period
- Also view sample status by location or project
- Ensure smooth operation and enable continued improvements to the business
Job or sample backlog
View the current job/sample pipeline to allow for investigations and removal of systemic roadblocks.
- See delayed and number of days from receipt to authorized
- Displays jobs or samples where all associated testing has not been completed and authorized by the assigned due date
Knowing the number of samples a department has tested aides in predictive planning of both resources and materials.
- Displays the volume of processes by lab/group or individual over a specified time frame.
- A laboratory manager can determine if resource adjustments are necessary to meet demand
Ensure proper management of incidents and non-conformances in the lab.
- Easily see when and where incidents have occurred over a specified time frame
- Provides an insight into the prevalence of issues in a particular location or group
- Option to drill down into details for further investigation
LIMS designed to improve lab efficiency, speed turnaround time and enable compliance with standards such as ISO 17025. Standard ASTM methods are configured using the Laboratory Execution System (LES) to step analysts through procedures to ensure repeatable testing and quality results. Labs can rely on the LIMS security, electronic signature, and complete audit trail to enable compliance. Enterprise connectivity enables a holistic view of the organization, providing KPIs to decision makers to ensure quality, and automating actions to drive rapid product release.