Learn what's new in the latest release of Amira-Avizo Software
Thermo Scientific Amira-Avizo Software Version 2020.3 rolls out exciting new tools and enhancements. Read on for a quick introduction to these features and links to resources offering more information.
IMPORTANT: the information below is not applicable for our Token Subscription models. The next release for Token Subscriptions will be the 2021.1 release available later this year.
Please read important information for 2020.3 including:
- New licensing system
- Product improvement program
- Compatibility notes
With a set of new features, Digital Volume Correlation 2020.3 makes it easier and faster to compute the 3D full-field displacement and strain maps from a reference volume to a deformed volume.
DVC 2020.3 introduces a unique pre-processing module to quantify the displacement and strain uncertainties from two repeat scans, and help you ensure the reliability of your DVC analysis.
User experience is improved with local and global approaches now separated in dedicated modules. The mesh generation used in the global approach can also be called from a separate module.
You can now speed-up and automate your incremental DVC analysis (local or global) on a series of deformed volumes to capture the mechanical history of your specimen. Two strategies are proposed to take into account the level of cumulated strains (small or large).
DVC 2020.3 offers many new post-processing tools:
- One-click extraction of displacement vector and strain tensor components
- One-click computation of the Green-Lagrange strain tensor from a displacement field
- Enhanced visualization tools for scalars and vectors, easy color mapping on volumes, meshes and surfaces
- Median filter computation to smooth the displacement field resulting from DVC global approach, and to correct its spurious vectors
- More conversion and export capacities, such as excel spreadsheets format, are available to take your results to the next level and perform further analysis with Python codes, FE-solvers, etc.
- New tutorials and enriched documentation will help you get quickly up-to-speed with those new features.
Large stacks of serial sections need to be aligned and often require denoising and contrast enhancement. These actions are time consuming and demand powerful hardware.
EM Toolbox offers powerful algorithms, is easy to use, and able to perform tasks in a reasonable time, no matter which hardware is available.
EM Toolbox offers:
- Post-processing workflow for Large Image Stacks (LVA) (out-of-core processing)
- Straightforward configuration and execution of the workflow
- Workflow: slice alignment, including reduction of distortions; image denoising; and contrast enhancement
Amira-Avizo 2020.3 comes with a large number of new ‘XTras’ , scripts, recipes and examples that will help you be more productive in various tasks with your Amira-Avizo Software
This new pack of XTras includes many automated segmentation procedures, as well as examples covering various use cases, such as Multi-Scale Cylinder Correlation, 2D Cell Tracking, Exporing Measures, and much more!
The Xtra Library is updated every month with numerous new recipes, scripts and examples, dedicated to various use cases and workflows, that will help you improve your daily use of Amira Software.
We recommend you to visit regularly this Xtra Library to benefit from the fresh content and boost your efficiency!
Go to the XTra Library
The Release Notes allow you to gather a deeper knowledge about this new version of Amira-Avizo Software. They include more technical explanations, compatibility notes, operating systems Amira-Avizo Software runs on and a list of solved issues.
Amira-Avizo Software Upgrades
Amira Software, Avizo Software, Avizo Software for Industrial Inspection and Amira-Avizo Software for EM Systems 2020.3 are regular upgrades and will be provided free-of-charge to all users under valid maintenance.
These new versions also bring many improvements and fixes to known issues.