RapidLINK Match Application
The matching process is on all the time, so you know immediately when there’s a match
RapidHIT ID System for Human Identification
The Applied Biosystems RapidHIT ID System generates lab-quality forensic DNA profiles in as little as 90 minutes with one minute of hands-on time. STR profiles are generated quickly using established chemistries and innovative software for full control of results. DNA profiling has never been this fast and easy.
The RapidHIT ID System offers the following features:
- CODIS-eligible profiles—generated with confirmed sample types
- NDIS-approved Applied Biosystems GlobalFiler Express PCR Amplification Kit chemistry
- Expert System capable software
- Compatible with established DNA databases
Insert swab into cartridge
Bring the analysis tools to the point of action, whether in the lab or in the field.
Insert sample cartridge
Automatically performs a cell lysis, amplification, and capillary electrophoresis.
DNA results in 90 minutes
RapidLINK software centralizes data and provides full control of results.
RapidHIT ID sample cartridges
- Self-contained sample cartridges transform a multi-component protocol into a single, user-initiated task.
- No matter which operator or what site, standardized algorithms are designed to generate reproducible STR profiles within a closed system.
- RapidHIT ID sample cartridges provide the ability to run samples as they are received—no more batching.
RapidLink Software offers centralized control for rapid DNA testing
From a single view, a system administrator can confirm status of all locations contributing DNA profiles to RapidLINK for forensic review, check the number of runs per day, and reorder cartridges before consumables run out. With the activation of RapidLINK applications (apps), the trained forensic scientist can transform DNA results into rapid intelligence.
RapidLINK Match Application
RapidLINK Familial Application
Search selected samples for familial matches within your RapidLINK database
RapidLINK Staff Elimination Database Application
Automatic detection of contamination from staff and manufacturing employee profiles
RapidLINK Kinship Application
Verify family relationships from specific samples in your RapidLINK database
New tutorial video
Producing DNA profiles has never been this fast or easy
- High-quality DNA results—just one minute of hands-on time
- Compact and easy-to-use—set up in a day and produce results in the lab or in the field
- Streamlined analysis—fast sample matching, familial matching, and kinship analysis
- Improved efficiency—faster answers for reference and investigative lead samples
In the police station
Law enforcement personnel can generate investigative leads and identify suspects faster.
In the forensic laboratory
Labs can process urgent samples more efficiently and enable personnel with limited DNA experience.
In the field
Personnel can conduct rapid identification of disaster victims, reunite families, or support other field deployment needs.
- Hennessy LK et al. (2014) Developmental validation of the GlobalFiler® express kit, a 24-marker STR assay, on the RapidHIT® System. Forensic Science International: Genetics (13): 247–258.
- Buscaino J et al. (2018) Evaluation of a rapid DNA process with the RapidHIT® ID system using a specialized cartridge for extracted and quantified human DNA. Forensic Science International: Genetics (34): 116–127.
- Salceda S et al. (2017) Validation of a rapid DNA process with the RapidHIT® ID system using GlobalFiler® Express chemistry, a platform optimized for decentralized testing environments. Forensic Science International: Genetics (28): 21–34.
For Forensics, Human Identification or Paternity/Kinship use only. Not for use in diagnostic or therapeutic applications.