Rapid DNA Solutions for Crime Laboratories
With the compact, easy-to-use Applied Biosystems RapidHIT ID System, forensic labs can free up precious resources to focus on more challenging cases. And partner with investigators to triage samples, generate investigative leads, and keep communities safe. Let us equip you to do what you do best—even better.
Answers you can trust, only faster
- Lab-quality forensic DNA profiles in as little as 90 minutes with 1 minute of hands-on time
- Widely used chemistries generate results compatible with established DNA databases
- Expert system capable software offers full control of DNA results with powerful sample matching, familial search, kinship, and staff elimination applications
- Urgent samples can be processed more efficiently, and routine samples can be processed by less experienced staff
- Enables rapid disaster victim identification—in the lab or in the field
- FBI NDIS-approved rapid DNA system*
Sample cartridges enable a fully automated workflow
Self-contained sample cartridges transform a multicomponent protocol into a single, user-initiated task
- No matter which operator or at what site, standardized algorithms generate reproducible STR profiles within a closed system.
- Provides the ability to run samples as they are received. No more batching.
- Processed samples can be recovered from the sample cartridge, enabling retesting with the same system or traditional laboratory methods.
There are two types of sample cartridges:
- Applied Biosystems RapidHIT ID ACE GlobalFiler Express Sample Cartridge (for reference samples)
- Applied Biosystems RapidINTEL Sample Cartridge (for crime scene samples)
Webinar: Every minute counts when it comes to apprehending and eliminating suspects
Generate immediate connections with past offenses and prevent future crimes, while an arrestee is still in custody, with Rapid DNA at booking.
RapidLink Software offers centralized control for rapid DNA testing
From a single view, a system administrator can confirm status of all locations contributing DNA profiles to RapidLINK for forensic review, check the number of runs per day, and reorder cartridges before consumables run out. With the activation of RapidLINK applications, the trained forensic scientist can transform DNA results into rapid intelligence.
RapidLINK Match application
The matching process is on all the time, so you know immediately when there’s a match
RapidLINK Familial application
Search selected samples for familial matches within your RapidLINK database
RapidLINK Staff Elimination Database application
Automatic detection of contamination from staff and manufacturing employee profiles
RapidLINK Kinship application
Verify family relationships from specific samples in your RapidLINK database
Webinar: Implementing Rapid DNA, Step 1 - Validation
Rapid DNA frees up time and the expertise of DNA analysts for more complex cases and quickly provides actionable information to law enforcement partners. But first it has to be validated in the lab. This webinar discusses developmental validation results and considerations for an accredited forensic laboratory to evaluate the performance of the Applied Biosystems RapidHIT ID System.
* NDIS-approved for use by booking stations & accredited forensic DNA laboratories with known reference DNA samples and the RapidHIT ID ACE GlobalFiler Express Sample Cartridge.
For Forensics, Human Identification or Paternity/Kinship Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.