Fast, trusted COVID-19 test results from raw saliva ideal for widespread, high frequency testing
Features of the TaqPath COVID-19 Fast PCR Combo Kit 2.0:
- Fast, direct-to-PCR workflow from raw saliva—increased speed from raw saliva samples to results, enabling widespread, high-frequency testing
- Simple and affordable—go from raw saliva collection direct to PCR (no RNA extraction), helping save supplies, reagents, and personnel costs
- Gold standard technology—a sensitive, PCR-based test offering a limit of detection of 750–1,000 GCE/mL from raw saliva
- Innovative, multi-target design—multiple targets on orf1a, orf1b, and N genes compensate for emerging SARS-CoV-2 mutations, helping provide increased confidence in results
The TaqPath COVID-19 Fast PCR Combo Kit 2.0 workflow does not require RNA extraction and provides results in ~2 hours.
Prepare plate and run PCR
Analyze and report
Applied Biosystems Pathogen Interpretive Software (v1.1.0)
- Recent studies have shown no statistically significant difference in sensitivity between nasopharyngeal swab (NPS) and saliva collection for SARS-CoV-2 detection
- Saliva is easily self-collected, reducing both the exposure to health care providers and the need for personal protective equipment (PPE)
- When including the cost of swabs, transport media, containers, PPE, and labor costs, saliva collection can save significant amounts of money compared to using NPS for SARS-CoV-2 detection
|TaqPath COVID-19 Fast PCR Combo Kit 2.0|
TaqPath COVID-19 Fast PCR Assay 2.0 (1 tube)
TaqPath COVID-19 Plus Control (10 tubes)
TaqPath Control Dilution Buffer (1 box with 10 tubes)
SalivaReady Solution (1 bottle with 20 mL)
TaqPath 1-Step Multiplex Master Mix, No ROX (1 bottle with 10 mL) (required, but not included in kit)
Applied Biosystems Pathogen Interpretive Software (v1.1.0) is part of the required workflow and must be downloaded prior to instrumentation use.
Pathogen Interpretive Software helps your lab decrease analysis and interpretation time and reduce risk of user interpretation error. You may download the software upon kit purchase. Labs following the authorized workflow are required to complete an eLearning course and pass an exam to download.
Follow the instructions below to obtain the software from your local support team:
- Go to thermofisher.com/contactus
- Select “Technical Support” as category
- Enter product name or SKU and select your country
- Call the local number displayed on the screen
1. Bastos, M. et al. (2021) The Sensitivity and Costs of Testing for SARS-CoV-2 Infection With Saliva Versus Nasopharyngeal Swabs. Annals of Internal Medicine. 174(4):501-510.