Determination of platinum, palladium and rhodium of automotive catalytic converters
Accurately measure the composition of precious metals such a platinum (Pt), palladium (Pd) and rhodium (Rh) in spent catalytic converters with the Thermo Scientific™ Niton™ handheld X-ray fluorescence (XRF) analyzers. Confidently determine the value of the traded material and protect your business from fraud and financial loss with lab quality analysis in real time.
To avoid considerable financial losses, there is a definite advantage to metal recyclers in having the ability to determine quickly and accurately the contents of Pt, Pd and Rh in spent catalytic converters. Read the analysis, methodology, and results of how handheld XRF analyzers can determine precious metal content.
Check out relevant catalytic converter blogs for more information
- Catalytic Converter Theft in The News Again
- New Reduced Platinum Catalyst for Catalytic Converters
- Catalytic Converter Theft: Does This Crime Pay?
- Catalytic Converter Recycling Is Still Big Business
- EDXRF Measures Platinum Group Metals in Automotive Catalytic Converters
- Are There Precious Metals in Catalytic Converters?
Find the right Niton analyzer for your application!
Unsure which Niton analyzer is right for you? Let us help you determine what’s right for your business. Browse our interactive selection guide to compare instrument specifications, key features and more!