Biospecimen management system
Biobanks manage life companies' most precious resource, biospecimens. For pharma and biotech companies, diagnostic laboratories, and contract research organizations, sample integrity is critical to ensure robust and reproducible results. Implementing a laboratory information management system can assist your biobank in streamlining your day to day processes and ensuring that workflows are reproducible and traceable and that your samples are never compromised. Thermo Fisher Scientific offers a LIMS solution specifically for biobanks and biorepositories on the Thermo FisherPlatform for Science software.
Software for sample collection, processing, storage and information management
With Platform for Science software, biobanks can track the entire lifecycle of a sample, ensuring that sample chain of custody is maintained. Biobanks can better manage day to day operations by utilizing dashboards to view the status of incoming and outgoing shipments, sample processing and throughput. Disparate laboratory instruments and software systems can be integrated with Platform for Science software, creating a single repository for data, promoting quick and informed decision making.
Platform for Science software can scale with your operation and manage not only the biorepository, but also the laboratory and all associated data and metadata. Some of the key benefits these solutions provide are:
- Complete sample chain of custody records, including patient informed consent forms
- Protection of Patient Health Information (PHI) and clinical study data
- Streamlined sample accessioning and sample management procedures
- Enhanced inventory management processes utilizing barcoding and quick find tools to locate available storage locations
- Quick insights into the operations of your lab and data
Download content about biobanking and biospecimen solutions on Platform for Science software or complete the web form and someone will contact you.