The Axiom Genotyping Solution for agrigenomics provide breeders and researchers with powerful genotyping tools to identify, validate, and screen complex genetic traits in plants or animals. It includes arrays with genotype-tested content from the Axiom Genomic Database or de novo markers that are important to you. The complete solution comprises genotyping arrays, reagent kits, a fully automated workflow, and easy-to-use free data analysis tools. Customize your genotyping array or panel for any high-throughput industrial application with confidence that all of your markers of interest can be targeted and manufactured on the custom array.
Axiom Genotyping Solution platform
The Axiom Genotyping Solution for agrigenomics offers:
- Customizable content—genotype any species, genome size, or ploidy level on a fully customizable and cost-effective Axiom myDesign Genotyping Array in a 96-array layout (up to 650,000 SNPs and indels) or 384-array layout (up to 50,000 SNPs and indels) that accommodates your own proprietary markers or markers from your genome sequencing initiatives. The Axiom Genotyping Solution delivers more content at no additional cost within each design tier.
- 100% fidelity; no dropped SNPs—Axiom genotyping arrays are synthesized in situ using a proprietary photolithographic technology that is designed to deliver the exact same content every time, between and across manufacturing batches.
- Robust assay—generate robust and reliable genotypes with minimal user intervention while helping to reduce costs and processing complexity. The pre-optimized reagents and validated workflows are combined with empirically validated SNPs to help generate the most reliable results.
- Multi-species arrays—consult with Bioinformatics Services to design your arrays with multiple species of your choosing on a single array. There are no restrictions on number or marker per species.
- Fully automated workflow—process your samples with end-to-end automation from target preparation through analysis with typically less than 2.5 hours of hands-on time per 96 or 384 samples. The end-to-end automated solution helps reduce hand-on processing time and minimizes user intervention.
The complete workflow solution
The Axiom Genotyping Solution includes pre-designed and customized array plates with validated genomic content from the Axiom Genomic Database as well as complete reagent kits, data analysis tools, and a fully automated workflow utilizing GeneTitan Multi-Channel (MC) Instrument.
Our catalog array-based genotyping solutions are ideal for the identification, validation, and screening of complex genetic traits in plants and animals. Choose from our wide variety of predesigned arrays.
These low-, medium-, and high-density arrays offer the power and resolution for a wide range of applications in plant and animal breeding and genomics. These applications include studying marker-trait association, evaluating elite lines, and identifying multi-line reference populations, as well as research applications for genome wide analysis and selective sweep analysis studies.
Axiom myDesign custom Arrays give you the power to develop an effective array for genome-wide association, replication, fine mapping, and candidate gene studies in any species.
With Axiom myDesign custom genotyping arrays, fully- or semi-customized arrays containing 300 to 2.6 million markers can be designed. Use variants you provide, or choose SNPs from our Axiom Genomic Database, the world's largest resource of genotype-tested SNPs.
Multiple-species arrays are supported without any restriction on number of markers per species.
GeneTitan Multi-Channel (MC) Instrument automates array processing from target hybridization to data generation by combining a hybridization oven, fluidics processing, and state-of-the art imaging device into a single bench-top instrument.
The Axiom Propel workflow provides scalable and affordable high-throughput genotyping to meet seasonal high demands. Compared to automated liquid handler-based protocol, the Axiom Propel workflow requires 30% lower investment for equipment and saves ~70% on tips and consumable. The 384F assays are designed to provide data from samples within 48 hours to help make critical breeding decisions in a timely manner.
Axiom Analysis Suite offers automated clustering and genotype calling of data from polyploid and diploid genomes. From sample and plate QC to automated genotype calling and SNP classification, this easy-to-use software performs analysis in a single step and allows you to view QC results, summary tables, and SNP cluster graphs.
Enabling simple reformatting and upload of Applied Biosystems Axiom array genotype data to the CDCB database
The Council on Dairy Cattle Breeding (CDCB) conducts genetic evaluation of dairy cattle for economically important traits. The CDCB database provides data for use in research and education, including the development of effective procedures for estimating the genetic merit of dairy animals. The CDCB Export Tool is a companion software application to Applied Biosystems Axiom Analysis Suite software that enables the export and direct upload of Axiom array genotype data to the CDCB database.
The Axiom CNV summary tools use intensity and genotypes to calculate log2 ratios and B allele frequencies from genotyping data.
The Applied Biosystems Axiom Long Format Export (AxLE) Tool is a companion software application to Axiom Analysis Suite software that enables the export of Axiom array genotyping data into long format for easy comparison to legacy arrays.
The Applied Biosystems Microarray Research Services Laboratory (MRSL) is a high-throughput genotyping facility that offers affordable and fast genotyping services for large-scale, microarray-based studies. The service lab has genotyped more than one million samples and called about 650 billion genotypes, enabling our customers to complete their genotyping studies quickly and affordably.
The Applied Biosystems Automated Axiom Analysis software package enables analysis of the CEL files upon scan completion of an Axiom array plate on the GeneTitan MC Instrument without user intervention.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.