The Axiom Biobank Genotyping Solution is a widely adopted platform for large-scale biobank genotyping studies. Many of the world’s largest population genetic epidemiology projects have chosen Affymetrix products for their genotyping studies. Axiom Biobank Genotyping Arrays include pre-designed and custom arrays. Custom arrays use a modular content for rapid design and customization of genotyping arrays to meet your study needs. The content modules exist within the Axiom Genomic Database of over 26 million SNPs and insertion-deletions (indels). These modules can be combined into an array design, and each module can be modified by adding, removing, or replacing content.
Axiom array content modules are a powerful resource for rapid design and customization of genotyping arrays to meet your study goals. These content modules exist within the Axiom Genomic Database, which covers 26 million SNPs and indels.
- Intelligent marker selection enables imputation of millions of additional SNPs
- The genomic content module of each array is optimized for specific populations and is customizable to any 1000 Genomes population study by adding additional markers of your choosing
- Content specific for transplantation research including functional variants, loss-of-function markers, and copy number
- Immune function, including content covering the major histocompatibility complex (MHC), human leukocyte antigen (HLA), and killer-cell immunoglobulin-like receptors (KIR)
- Markers were selected to represent phases of absorption, distribution, metabolism, and excretion (ADME)
Inflammation and HLA
- Contains markers with evidence for association with autoimmune and inflammation
- Covers variants in genes in the HLA and KIR regions known to be important in immune response
- Rare, non-synonymous coding SNPs and indels in protein coding regions of the genome
- A majority of variants are rare with minor allele frequency (MAF) <1%
- Newly discovered loss-of-function content
- SNPs and indels identified from a sequencing initiative of 26,000 individuals
- Known disease-causing mutations
- Markers that have known associations to RNA expression traits
- Captures unique eQTLs contained in the NCBI Genotype-Tissue Expression (GTEx) eQTL database, GEUVIDAS project, and several other discovery projects
- Alzheimer's disease, including coverage of ApoE
- Blood phenotypes
- Cancer common variants
Choose your content
- Order a pre-designed array and customize it with markers of your choice
- Custom markers may be de novo or selected from the Axiom Genomic Database of genotype-tested markers
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.