Mouse plasmacytoid dendritic cell (pDC) gating and analysis. (A) A gate was made on live cells using Invitrogen SYTOX AADvanced Dead Cell Stain (Cat. No. S10274; channel BL3, 640 nm longpass filter). (B) Live cells were then gated on CD19 cells (channel VL1, 450/40 nm bandpass (BP) filter). (C) A 2-parameter plot of CD45R/B220 vs. CD317 was used to detect pDCs (channel BL1, 530/30 nm BP filter; and channel BL2, 574/26 nm BP filter); pDCs were identified as dual B220+/CD317+ (upper right quadrant) and comprise 0.851% of live CD19 cells, which is 0.194% of total splenocytes. A collection rate of 500 μL/min was used to acquire 1.3 million total cells; total acquisition time was 23 minutes—3 times faster than the same sample run on a traditional hydrodynamic focusing cytometer.
Going Further with Flow
Flow cytometry is a valuable tool used for many aspects in the immuno-oncology (I-O) research field. Novel instruments and products allow for analysis of millions of cells in the tumor sample microenvironment for a more comprehensive understanding of an underlying biological phenomenon. Flow cytometry can now be used in multiple applications, including:
- Finding unique and rare cells during tumor sample analysis
- Decipher which potential checkpoint inhibitor changes a tumor sample milieu
- Evaluate percentage of CAR T cell in a small amount of blood
- Identify desired subpopulation of T cell types for adoptive transfer
Attune NxT Flow Cytometer with acoustic focusing technology
Get precision with performance—the Attune NxT Flow Cytometer fits on a benchtop and is configurable with up to 4 lasers and 6–16 parameters. The high speed technology—up to 10 times faster than traditional cytometers—along with clog-resistant engineering, make it an ideal cytometer for immuno-oncology research. Convert between tubes and plates in seconds, and leverage complete walk-away automation of your 96- or 384-well plates with the robotic, automation-capable Invitrogen Attune NxT Autosampler.
- Empower your research—high level of data fidelity at 10 times faster speed
- Enable new applications and sample types—investigate difficult research sample types such as tumors with little fear of sample loss due to clog-resistant design
- Enjoy walk-away automation—designed for walk-away performance with clog-resistant fluidics
- Detect rare events—ability to see every cell
Find out more and request a demo at thermofisher.com/attune
Empowering technologies for immuno-oncology research
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.