Get started using Instrument Management
- Sign in to your lifetechnologies.com account.
- Select the “Instrument Management” link from the “Your Account” drop-down menu.
- Go to the Instruments or Labs section and click “Add an Instrument”.
- Enter your instrument serial number into the text box. If you have multiple instruments to add, use the "Upload multiple instruments" tab.
- Add instrument nickname, ID, computer details, and/or instrument group name to help sort your instruments. When complete, click "Submit". (These boxes will be grayed out unless you’ve been designated as a Site Administrator or Lab Administrator.)
- If you cannot find your instrument, click “Request to have it added” and complete the form.
Note: If your "Add an Instrument" button or link is grayed out or inactive, please contact us immediately so we can activate your instruments and services information.
Benefits of becoming a Site Administrator or Lab Administrator
All users are automatically assigned “End User” status for Instrument Management pages. If you would like Site Administrator or Lab Administrator functionality, request access through the “User Preferences” link in the left side navigation.
When you become a Site Administrator or Lab Administrator, you will be able to:
|Site Administrator||Lab Administrator||End user|
|Establish user roles||x|
|Add, edit, or remove instruments or contacts in "Labs"||x||x|
|Create virtual labs||x||x|
|Add or edit instrument details||x||x|
|Add, remove, and group instruments||x||x||x|
Create a virtual lab
The Labs section is ideal for users who wish to enable a shared view of instruments in their laboratory, as well as communicate with others within the laboratory about instrument use and care.
Overview of Labs utilities:
- Track warranties and service contracts of non-Life Technologies™ instruments
- View training records for instruments (available in select countries)
- Use the online instrument scheduler to check instrument availability and schedule use
At this time, Instrument Management is available in the United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and most countries in Europe.
Find answers to your questions