Recombinant HIV Reverse Transcriptase
- More thermostable than AMV RT and M-MLV RT
- Excellent target to evaluate antiviral agents
- Highly sensitive enzyme for RT-PCR applications
- Ideal for reverse transcribing transcripts with high G/C content
Like M-MLV reverse transcriptase (RT) and AMV RT, Ambion's HIV RT synthesizes cDNA from single-stranded RNA template in the presence of primer, Mg2+, and deoxyribonucleotides. HIV-RT is a recombinant enzyme purified to homogeneity from E. coli. HIV RT is a heterodimeric protein which is comprised of a 66 kDa and a 51 kDa subunit.
HIV RT is More Thermostable than M-MLV RT and AMV RT
Ambion's HIV RT is a high quality enzyme that has been tested for contaminating endonuclease and exonuclease activity. The enzyme is available in a convenient 500 U size. A 10X Reaction Buffer is supplied with the enzyme.
- Sorbo BH (1953) Acta Chem Scand 7: 1129.
- Kudlicki W, Odom OW, Kramer G, Hardesty B (1994) Activation and release of enzymatic ally inactive, full-length Rhodanese that is bound to ribosomes as peptide-tRNA. J Biol Chem 269(24): 16549-165