Basic Mammalian Expression Support
Explore the “Getting Started” and “Troubleshooting” sections for solutions to top inquiries and common problems. Browse through the “Guides and Tools” section to access comprehensive product-related support resources.
- When would I pick a mammalian expression system for expression of my protein as opposed to expression in other hosts?
- What is a dose-response curve or kill curve? And can you outline the steps involved?
- What is the difference between A, B, and C versions of your mammalian expression vectors? Are they provided in one tube or separate tubes?
- Will the T7 promoter in mammalian expression vectors function in prokaryotes to promote expression of proteins from genes cloned into the multiple cloning site?
- What is the consensus Kozak sequence for mammalian expression and do I need to include a Kozak sequence when I clone my gene of interest into one of your mammalian expression vectors?
- I would like to express my native protein, but my vector happens to have a C-terminal epitope tag. Do you have any suggestions?
- I used one of your T-REx™ cell lines and am getting expression of my gene of interest in the absence of inducer. Is there any workaround for this problem?
- I have your Flp-In™ Jurkat cells that I tried to thaw using the protocol suggested in your manual, but got very poor viability. What do you think went wrong?
- I used a mammalian expression vector but do not get any expression of my protein. Can you help me troubleshoot?
- I performed stable selection but my antibiotic-resistant clones do not express my gene of interest. What could have gone wrong?
Guides and tools
- Overview: Mammalian Protein Expression
- Learning Center: Protein Biology
- Protein Biology Resource Library (useful technical, application, and other learning resources including application notes and methods)
- Guide: Protein Expression Handbook
- Overview: T-REx™ System
- Gibco® Cell Culture Companion: An app designed to capture and store vital experiment information as you count cells, perform cell culture calculations, and generate growth curves.
- DailyCalcs Science Calculator: An app designed to calculate molarity, dilution, molecular weight, and more. Also includes a Transfection Calculator you can use to simplify transfection experimental setup.
Specifically designed for small-scale, non-cGMP custom media orders when speed matters most; offers Gibco® quality media in small batches for quick turnaround and smooth transition to cGMP scale-up.
GeneArt® Cell Lines and Proteins are a suite of service offerings designed to help facilitate protein expression in mammalian cell lines. We can help with every step of the process, including gene design, synthesis, cloning, protein production, and even stable cell generation. Alternatively, we can help with just the parts of the process you request.
Have us utilize our extensive suite of expression vectors and host systems to deliver the necessary protein yield for your application. We offer protein expression and production services in baculovirus and mammalian host systems, as well as protein purification and analysis services.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.