PCR Cloning Support
Explore our “Getting Started” and “Troubleshooting” sections for solutions to top inquiries and common problems. Browse through our "Guides and Tools" section to access a comprehensive portfolio of product-related support resources.
- What are some of the prerequisites for TOPO cloning?
- What is the best ratio of insert:vector to use? Is there an equation to calculate this?
- What are the advantages of using a TOPO TA cloning system compared to traditional TA cloning?
- Do I need to gel-purify my PCR product for TOPO cloning?
- What can inhibit the TOPO cloning reaction?
- What are the possible causes of sequencing problems with the TOPO TA vectors, and are there any suggestions to help solve these issues?
- I’m getting no colonies after transformation.
- I’m able to get a lot of colonies, however, none contain my insert of interest.
- I’m seeing a lot of vector only colonies when I try to perform a negative control reaction using vector only (no insert) for a TOPO reaction. Is my TOPO vector re-ligating?
- What happens when a vector adapted with the topoisomerase enzyme is stored at -80 degrees C?
Guides and Tools
- Application Note: Fast and Efficient Site-Directed Mutagenesis with Platinum SuperFi DNA Polymerase
- Brochure: TOPO Cloning Technology
- Citations: TOPO Cloning Technology
- White Paper: The Anza Restriction Enzyme Cloning System Provides Multiple Options for Blunt-End Cloning
- White Paper: The Anza Restriction Enzyme Cloning System Simplifies Directional Cloning
- Search our database for Product Documents: Manuals , Vector Maps , Citations and References
- Search our database for Quality and Safety Documents: MSDSs , COAs
- Overview: PCR Learning Resources
- Overview: Restriction Enzyme and Cloning Learning Resources
- Overview: Directional TOPO Cloning
- Overview: The Technology Behind TOPO Cloning
- Overview: Molecular Cloning (Thermo Scientific)
- Overview: Cloning Workflow (Thermo Scientific)
- Overview: 5 Cloning Shortcuts (Thermo Scientific)
- Overview: Molecular Cloning Infographic (Thermo Scientific)
- Overview: Checking Your T4 DNA Ligase Activity (Thermo Scientific)
- Overview: 5 Ways to Screen for Recombinant Clones (Thermo Scientific)
- General: Molecular Cloning Resource Library (Thermo Scientific)
- Guide: PCR & Molecular Cloning Handbook
- Protocol: Cloning of Taq Polymerase-amplified PCR Products
- Protocol: Cloning of A-tailed PCR Fragments Using Conventional Ligase Method
- Selection Table: TOPO® Cloning Kits By Application
If you have a favorite cloning vector or a vector that you wish to use for a specific assay, let our TOPO Cloning experts adapt it for you. Any vector you choose can be TOPO adapted for high efficiency cloning of PCR products in 5 minutes.
Gene synthesis outperforms traditional cloning by providing fast turnaround times and guaranteed sequence accuracy. Construct design and optimization services are also available in order to fine tune the expression of your gene(s) of interest.
GeneArt Plasmid Services include flexible offerings covering construction of plasmid vectors customized for your needs, and subcloning of your sequence into any vector, including the Gateway vector system. Concentrate on your research goals and leave your plasmid construction and subcloning work to us.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.