Thermo Scientific SulfoLink Immobilization Kit for Proteins, 2 mL is a kit containing all the reagents for preparing the protein sample for efficient immobilization and five columns containing 2 mL of SulfoLink Resin that can be used in either gravity-flow or centrifuge format for efficient coupling reactions and multiple cycles of affinity purification.
Features of SulfoLink Immobilization Kit for Proteins, 2 mL:
• Specific to sulfhydryl (-SH) groups
—iodoacetyl groups react specifically with sulhydryls to form irreversible thioether bonds
—spin columns increase protocol speed; prepare and couple protein samples in 3.5 hours
• Flexible coupling conditions
—use pH 7.5 to 9.0 aqueous buffers, organic solvent (e.g., 20% DMSO) or denaturant (guanidine·HCl), as needed for protein or peptide solubility during coupling reaction
• Easy-to-follow instructions
—streamlined protocols for sample preparation, immobilization, and affinity purification
• High capacity
—Immobilize 2 to 20 mg of protein per 2 mL column of SulfoLink Coupling ResinApplications:
• Immobilize peptides having terminal cysteine residues to purify antibodies that were generated against peptide immunogens prepared by maleimide conjugation
• Immobilize antibodies in oriented manner through hinge-region sulfhydryls to ensure that antigen binding sites are not sterically hindered for antigen affinity purification
When incubated with a solution of protein that contains reduced cysteine residues, the iodoacetyl groups of SulfoLink Resin react specifically and efficiently with the exposed sulfhydryls (-SH) to form covalent and irreversible thioether bonds that permanently attach the protein to the resin. The result is a custom-made affinity resin for purification of antibodies, antigens and other molecules of interest.Related ProductsSulfoLink™ Coupling ResinSulfoLink™ Immobilization Kit for Peptides, 2 mLSulfoLink™ Immobilization Trial Kit, 2 mL
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.