The need for speed and accuracy in UTM pathogen detection
Although widely used, culture-based methods for the detection of pathogens involved in urinary tract infections (UTIs) lack sensitivity, are subjective, take a long time, and have been shown to miss a significant percentage of positive cases. Current culture plating methods can typically take anywhere from 18 to 30 hours—even longer with subsequent antimicrobial sensitivity analysis.
A new molecular solution
Our new real-time PCR solution enables rapid urinary tract microbiota (UTM) detection in under five hours—allowing for flexible content, and optimized for multiple throughputs at a low cost per sample. This is the first commercially available molecular solution for UTM pathogen detection that labs can implement themselves.
Verification data demonstrates our solution is 33% more accurate when compared to traditional culture-based methods of detection.
Features of this solution
- Rapid detection—only 5 hours from sample to answer
- Complete end-to-end solution—optimized for use on Applied Biosystems QuantStudio™ Real-time PCR systems with verified sample-to-answer workflow
- Increased specificity and sensitivity—33% more accurate in urinary tract pathogen detection when compared to culture methods
- Scalable solution with high throughput option available —using OpenArray™ nanofluidic technology, capable of processing up to 600 samples per day on a single instrument*; and
- Superior service and support--analytical validation consultation services available to help implement solution with ease
Pathogen targets most commonly detected in urinary tract microbiota analysis, included in our solution:
|Pathogen type||Species||Assay name ID|
Analyze all targets simultaneously in a comprehensive panel or develop your own customized content solution to meet your individual laboratory needs.
Analytical validation consulting services
Why handle your analytical validation (AV) in-house, when using our AV consulting services can speed up the launch process by up to 75% and cut costs by up to half? We’ll consult with you to develop and optimize your validation workflow, while providing data analysis support and template documentation to fully maximize your instrument and reagent investment.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.