The need for speed and accuracy in UTM pathogen detection
Although widely used, culture-based methods for the detection of pathogens involved in urinary tract infections (UTIs) lack sensitivity, are subjective, take a long time, and have been shown to miss a significant percentage of positive cases. Current culture plating methods can typically take anywhere from 18 to 30 hours—even longer with subsequent antimicrobial sensitivity analysis.
A new molecular solution
Our new real-time PCR solution enables rapid urinary tract microbiota (UTM) detection in under five hours—allowing for flexible content, and optimized for multiple throughputs at a low cost per sample. This is the first commercially available molecular solution for UTM pathogen detection that labs can implement themselves.
Verification data demonstrates our solution is 33% more accurate when compared to traditional culture-based methods of detection.
Features of this solution
- Rapid detection—only 5 hours from sample to answer
- Complete end-to-end solution—optimized for use on Applied Biosystems QuantStudio™ Real-time PCR systems with verified sample-to-answer workflow
- Increased specificity and sensitivity—33% more accurate in urinary tract pathogen detection when compared to culture methods
- Scalable solution with high throughput option available —using OpenArray™ nanofluidic technology, capable of processing up to 600 samples per day on a single instrument*; and
- Superior service and support--analytical validation consultation services available to help implement solution with ease
Pathogen targets most commonly detected in urinary tract microbiota analysis, included in our solution:
|Pathogen type||Species||Assay name ID|
Analyze all targets simultaneously in a comprehensive panel or develop your own customized content solution to meet your individual laboratory needs.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.