Thermo Fisher Scientific offers you the broadest set of biochemical fluorescent assays to address high-throughput screening, hit confirmation and lead optimization programs. All Invitrogen kinase assay technologies are homogenous, non-radioactive, and highly miniaturizable – and are available as kits, custom or bulk reagents.
For quality kinase profiling data on rapid timelines, choose SelectScreen, the industry’s most utilized kinase profiling service.
To compile the components needed to make the right biochemical kinase assay for your research, use our new Drug Discovery Assay Maker web tool.
Choose the right biochemical HTS kinase assay for your research?
|Order now||Order now||Order now||Order now|
|Compatible with fluorescently labeled whole protein substrates||Ideal for kinetic studies including on/off rates or for kinases with no known substrate||Validated specifically for lipid kinases; can use with unmodified peptide or lipid substrates||Primary assay for SelectScreen Kinase Profiling Service|
|LanthaScreen Activity Assay||LanthaScreen Eu Kinase Binding Assay||Adapta Assay||Z'-LYTE Assay|
|Application Technology basis||Phospho-antibody TR-FRET||Tracer-based TR-FRET||ADP detection by TR-FRET||FRET peptide phosphorylation|
|Application||Primary screening||Unactivated or low-activity kinase target screening||Primary and secondary screening||Secondary screening, hit validation, and profiling|
|Number of kinases validated||200||over 320||20||233|
|Readout||Endpoint||Endpoint or Kinetic||Endpoint||Endpoint|
|Total assay volume||20 µL||15 µL||15 µL||20 µL|
|ATP concentration range||Tested up to 1 mM||ATP not used||Tested from 10 to 100 µM||Tested up to 1 mM|
|Substrate type||Peptide or protein||No substrate needed||Peptide, protein or lipid||Peptide|
|Total assay volume||Substrate concentration range||100 nM–1 µM||Flexible; must be greater than ATP concentration||2 µM only|
|Plate signal stability||Up to 18 hours||Up to 24 hours||Up to 18 hours||4–18 hours (kit-dependent)|
|Cell lysate compatible||✓|
|Overcoming interference||Time-resolved readout allows read after interfering signals have decayed||Time-resolved readout allows read after interfering signals have decayed; use of epitope-tag ensures no contaminating kinase is detected||Time-resolved readout allows read after interfering signals have decayed; red Alexa Fluor dye as acceptor further enhances ability to overcome interference||Preread at 445/520 nm|
|Cost per well||$–$$||$–$$||$$–$$$||$$|
|Total assay volume||✓||✓||✓|
Optimize with multiple high-throughput assay formats
Thermo Fisher Scientific offers four high-throughput assay technologies for your biochemical kinase research.
- LanthaScreen Eu Kinase Binding Assays—Obtain sensitive detection of kinase inhibitors, including allosterics; interrogate active and non-activated kinases; track slow-binding inhibitors in real time, and compare inhibitor on-off rates with this robust assay technology.
- LanthaScreen Kinase Activity Assays—A powerful toolbox for TR-FRET kinase activity assay development – choose exactly the reagents you need and acquire high quality data with minimal assay interference.
- Adapta Universal Kinase Assays—A universal TR-FRET assay suitable for all kinases; including difficult-to-assay targets such as lipid kinases.
- Z´-LYTE Kinase Assay—An ideal assay for secondary screening, hit validation and profiling, Z’-LYTE is the primary assay technology utilized in our SelectScreen Kinase Profiling Service.
Lower Throughput Assay Technologies
- NDP Sensor—A universal, real-time kinetic kinase assay platform at a very low price per well
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.