Biochemical Kinase Assays
Thermo Fisher Scientific offers you the broadest set of biochemical fluorescent assays to address high-throughput screening, hit confirmation and lead optimization programs. All Life Technologies kinase assay technologies are homogenous, non-radioactive, and highly miniaturizable – and are available as kits, custom or bulk reagents.
For quality kinase profiling data on rapid timelines, choose SelectScreen®, the industry’s most utilized kinase profiling service.
To compile the components needed to make the right biochemical kinase assay for your research, use our new Drug Discovery Assay Maker™ web tool.
Choose the right biochemical HTS kinase assay for your research?
|Order now||Order now||Order now||Order now|
|Compatible with fluorescently labeled whole protein substrates||Ideal for kinetic studies including on/off rates or for kinases with no known substrate||Validated specifically for lipid kinases; can use with unmodified peptide or lipid substrates||Primary assay for SelectScreen® Kinase Profiling Service|
|LanthaScreen® Activity Assay||LanthaScreen® Eu Kinase Binding Assay||Adapta® Assay||Z'-LYTE® Assay|
|Application Technology basis||Phospho-antibody TR-FRET||Tracer-based TR-FRET||ADP detection by TR-FRET||FRET peptide phosphorylation|
|Application||Primary screening||Unactivated or low-activity kinase target screening||Primary and secondary screening||Secondary screening, hit validation, and profiling|
|Number of kinases validated||200||over 320||20||233|
|Readout||Endpoint||Endpoint or Kinetic||Endpoint||Endpoint|
|Total assay volume||20 µL||15 µL||15 µL||20 µL|
|ATP concentration range||Tested up to 1 mM||ATP not used||Tested from 10 to 100 µM||Tested up to 1 mM|
|Substrate type||Peptide or protein||No substrate needed||Peptide, protein or lipid||Peptide|
|Total assay volume||Substrate concentration range||100 nM - 1 µM||Flexible; must be greater than ATP concentration||2 µM only|
|Plate signal stability||Up to 18 hours||Up to 24 hours||Up to 18 hours||4 - 18 hours (kit-dependent)|
|Cell lysate compatible||✓|
|Overcoming interference||Time-resolved readout allows read after interfering signals have decayed||Time-resolved readout allows read after interfering signals have decayed; use of epitope-tag ensures no contaminating kinase is detected||Time-resolved readout allows read after interfering signals have decayed; red Alexa Fluor® dye as acceptor further enhances ability to overcome interference||Preread at 445/520 nm|
|Cost per well||$ - $$||$ - $$||$$ - $$$||$$|
|Total assay volume||✓||✓||✓|
Optimize with multiple high-throughput assay formats
Thermo Fisher Scientific offers four high-throughput assay technologies for your biochemical kinase research.
- LanthaScreen™ Eu Kinase Binding Assays - Obtain sensitive detection of kinase inhibitors, including allosterics; interrogate active and non-activated kinases; track slow-binding inhibitors in real time, and compare inhibitor on-off rates with this robust assay technology.
- LanthaScreen™ Kinase Activity Assays – A powerful toolbox for TR-FRET kinase activity assay development – choose exactly the reagents you need and acquire high quality data with minimal assay interference.
- Adapta™ Universal Kinase Assays – A universal TR-FRET assay suitable for all kinases; including difficult-to-assay targets such as lipid kinases.
- Z´-LYTE® Kinase Assay – An ideal assay for secondary screening, hit validation and profiling, Z’-LYTE is the primary assay technology utilized in our SelectScreen® Kinase Profiling Service.
Lower Throughput Assay Technologies
- NDP Sensor - A universal, real-time kinetic kinase assay platform at a very low price per well