Thermo Fisher Scientific Portable XRF Analyzer Training
Thermo Fisher Scientific offers free safety training for customers and prospective customers. We recommend that operators of Thermo Scientific™ Niton™ portable XRF analyzers receive radiation safety training prior to using the analyzer. Safety training may be required by state regulatory authorities as a condition of licensing/registration.
Free safety, regulatory compliance, and transportation training is made available through an online learning management system accessed through our Online Training Portal. Operators of Niton analyzers are able to complete any of the optional training modules listed below and print a manufacturer’s training certificate upon completion of each course. Thermo Fisher Scientific does not require customers to complete any specific training course, but has made available a suite of trainings to meet the specific safety and regulatory compliance needs of customers.
Available online training courses:
- Radiation Safety for X-Ray Tube-Based Instruments (e.g, Models XLt, XL2, XL3t, DXL, FXL, & XL5)
- Radiation Safety for Sealed Source XRF (e.g., Models XL, XLp, Xli, & XL3p)
- U.S. Regulations for Handheld XRF Analyzers with Radioactive Sealed Sources
- Transport of Radioactive Sealed Sources in XRF Analyzers
- Transport of Li Ion Batteries
To access these online training courses, visit our Online Training Portal. Click on the Training tab, choose Radiation Safety Training and complete the registration form.
For information about online training, please contact 800-875-1578 or +1-978-670-7460.