XRF Radiation Safety Training
Thermo Fisher Scientific Portable XRF Analyzer Training
Thermo Fisher Scientific offers free safety training for customers and prospective customers. We recommend that operators of Thermo Scientific™ Niton™ portable XRF analyzers receive radiation safety training prior to using the analyzer. Safety training may be required by state regulatory authorities as a condition of licensing/registration.
Options for obtaining free safety training are described below. Safety training courses can be completed online or at one of our scheduled instructor-led training sessions. The scheduled instructor-led trainings also include an operational training session.
For more information about these free training programs or to inquire about (customized) fee-based on-site training, contact 800-875-1578 or +1-978-670-7460 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Free safety, regulatory compliance, and transportation training is made available through an online learning management system accessed through our Online Training Portal. Operators of Niton analyzers are able to complete any of the optional training modules listed below and print a manufacturer’s training certificate upon completion of each course. Thermo Fisher Scientific does not require customers to complete any specific training course, but has made available a suite of trainings to meet the specific safety and regulatory compliance needs of customers.
Available online training courses:
- Radiation Safety for X-Ray Tube-Based Instruments (e.g, Models XLt, XL2, XL3t, DXL, FXL, & XL5)
- Radiation Safety for Sealed Source XRF (e.g., Models XL, XLp, Xli, & XL3p)
- U.S. Regulations for Handheld XRF Analyzers with Radioactive Sealed Sources
- Transport of Radioactive Sealed Sources in XRF Analyzers
- Transport of Li Ion Batteries
To access these online training courses, visit our Online Training Portal. Click on the Training tab, choose Radiation Safety Training and complete the registration form.
Scheduled Instructor-Led One-Day Training Classes
Thermo Fisher Scientific offers a number of free one day instructor-led trainings each year. This one day training covers the topics listed below and includes operational training as well as safety training.
- Introduction to XRF
- Basic Radiation Safety and Safe Use of Niton XRF Analyzers
- Niton XRF Analyzer Features and Functions
- Overview of Applications (e.g., alloy analysis, RoHS compliance testing, consumer products screening, lead paint and soil analysis)
- Regulatory Compliance for Ionizing Radiation
- Hands-On Session