Recombinant rabbit monoclonal antibody development and production services
Our recombinant antibodies are rabbit monoclonal antibodies that are developed by immunizing animals, screening for functionality, and then cloning the immunogen-specific antibody genes into high-level mammalian expression vectors. The recombinant antibodies are then produced by large-scale cell culture and purified with Protein A.
Choose our custom antibody service to obtain recombinant antibodies with the following features:
- Greater specificity and sensitivity compared to standard antibodies
- Lot-to-lot consistency due to recombinant technology
- Animal origin-free antibodies expressed in a mammalian cell system
Recombinant rabbit polyclonal vs. monoclonal antibodies
Recombinant rabbit antibodies can be developed either as a polyclonal antibody or as a monoclonal antibody. Need help in making the right choice or need more information? Please contact us to discuss the options in detail.
|Recombinant Rabbit Polyclonal||Polyclonal–clone library used for final production||Broader utility across assays|
|Recombinant Rabbit Monoclonal||Monoclonal–one clone isolated from library used for final production||Quantitative detection|
Development phases for custom recombinant antibodies
- Antigens for recombinant antibody development can be purified proteins, standard peptides, or modified peptides (i.e., phosphorylated).
- Phase II is only performed for monoclonal protocols; polyclonal development uses only Phases I and III.
- Screening phases can be accomplished using either of these two protocols:
- Standard development—all screening performed by our antibody services
- Collaborative development—screening performed by the customer and our antibody services