To your colleagues, you’re a collaborator. To the world of science, you’re helping drive innovation. To us, you’re a hero.
Cell Culture Heroes is the scientist recognition program where connections are made and researchers like you are brought into the spotlight and celebrated. No matter what your stage of career or learning might be, our goal is to elevate you and the science you are doing right now, every single day.
Post-Doctoral Research Fellow
the Human Genome and Stem Cell Research Center
University of Sao Paulo – Brazil
In this webinar, he will show how to differentiate human iPS towards relevant liver cellular phenotypes (hepatocytes, endothelial cells and mesenchymal cells) for 3D bioprinting.
Meet the Heroes and learn about their research
Amal Hassan Ali
From Protein Structures to Drug Discovery: novel therapeutic opportunities
- Discuss membrane proteins, protein complexes, and structural biology
- Discuss X-ray Crystallography, and Cryo-EM
- Discuss Nanobody, GPCRs, and Adhesion GPCRs
Felipe Galvez Cancino, PhD
Unveiling the role of T cell dysfunction in the development and progression of glioblastoma
- Understand the relevance of doing research on brain tumours
- An overview of the immune landscape of glioblastoma in mouse models
- Novel approaches to identify targets for immunotherapy of glioblastoma
Kristine M Wadosky PhD, Ameet Chimote PhD, Elizabeth Delery PhD, Daisy Shu, B.Optom PhD, Vivek Kamat PhD, and Sandra Hammer PhD
Gibco Cell Culture Heroes: Work From Home Edition
During this webinar, Vivek, Sandra, Elizabeth, Daisy, Ameet and Kristine will share their best practices of being productive, staying connected, keeping a healthy outlook while out of the lab. Don't miss out on this webinar designed to help you navigate working from home and staying connected.
On-demand webinar coming soon
Modified dental composite for bone repair
- Understand what osteoporotic fractured are
- Risks associated with treatment of osteoporotic fractures with the available commercial bone cements
- How we are addressing the limitations of currently available commercial bone cements
On-demand webinar coming soon
Brooke Schuster, PhD candidate
An automated cancer organoid culture platform to accelerate research and drug screening
- Understand the difference between traditional and microfluidic based cell culture technologies
- Learn about applying biomedical engineering techniques to advance current 3D cell culture technologies, specifically cancer organoid culture systems
- Discover the potential application and capabilities of automatic, high throughput, and dynamic cell culture platforms
Sandra Hammer, PhD
The role of SIRT1/LXR signaling in diabetic retinopathy
- Understand the role of SIRT1-LXR activation in control of inflammation and subsequent metabolic changes in retinal endothelial cells.
- Demonstrate how serum starvation promotes activation of the SIRT1-LXR pathway metabolism in retinal endothelial cells.
- Explain how therapeutic fasting may serve to activate the SIRT1-LXR pathway providing the dual benefits of decreasing inflammation and promoting cholesterol metabolism in the retina.
Apply to be a Cell Culture Hero
Did you know you can become a Gibco Cell Culture Hero, too? The science you are doing right now could inspire a spark of innovation in others, or connect you to those working in a similar field. Simply complete the form below for a chance to present your research to a global audience via webinar, today.
Why should you become a Hero?
Join our inclusive global community and connect with scientists at similar career stages, as well as industry innovators and the Gibco team.
Interact with and learn from your peers and others around the world, develop new skills and hone existing ones to build your confidence in the lab.
We’re here to grow with you and your career as you progress as a researcher. We’ll not only support your science now, but be there with you for all your successes to come.
Join scientists around the world
We want you to join our global community of PhD and postdoc researchers to inspire your work and excite innovation and ambition in others. Share your story and interact with those at similar stages of their career or learning, and help build a bond of better and more connected scientists around the world.
Resources & Support
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.