Thermo Scientific Pierce Sulfo-SMCC, No-Weigh Format is a water-soluble, amine-to-sulfhydryl crosslinker that contains NHS-ester and maleimide reactive groups at opposite ends of a medium-length cyclohexane spacer arm (8.3 angstroms).
Features of Sulfo-SMCC, No-Weigh Format:
• Reactive groups
: sulfo-NHS ester
• Reactive towards
: amino and sulfhydryl groups
• Water-soluble (compare to SMCC
), so crosslinking can be done in physiologic solutions
• High purity, crystalline reagent can be used to create high-purity maleimide-activated derivatives
• Cyclohexane bridge confers added stability to the maleimide group making Sulfo-SMCC the ideal crosslinking agent for maleimide activation of proteins. Maleimide groups are stable for 64 hours in 0.1 M sodium phosphate buffer, pH 7 at 4°C.
-maleimidomethyl)cyclohexane-1-carboxylate (Sulfo-SMCC) is a non-cleavable and membrane impermeable crosslinker. It contains an amine-reactive N
-hydroxysuccinimide (NHS ester) and a sulfhydryl-reactive maleimide group. NHS esters react with primary amines at pH 7-9 to form stable amide bonds. Maleimides react with sulfhydryl groups at pH 6.5-7.5 to form stable thioether bonds. The maleimide groups of Sulfo-SMCC and SMCC
are unusually stable up to pH 7.5 because of the cyclohexane bridge in the spacer arm. Because it contains the hydrophilic sulfonyl moiety, Sulfo-SMCC is soluble up to ∼10 mM in water and many commonly used buffers, thus avoiding the use of organic solvents which may perturb protein structure.Applications:
• Enzyme labeling of antibodies - both enzyme and antibody specificity can be preserved
• Create specific bioconjugates via one- or two-step crosslinking reactions
• Create sulfhydryl-reactive, maleimide-activated carrier proteins for coupling haptensSpecifications:
Sulfo-SMCC is manufactured to the highest specifications to produce the most specific bioconjugates and maleimide-activated proteins, ensure the integrity of your data and to provide you with the highest degree of crosslinking consistency. Each lot of Sulfo-SMCC is tested to meet the following minimum specifications.
• Identity: IR scan shows only peaks characteristic of the structure and functional groups of Sulfo-SMCC crosslinker
• Purity: ≥ 90% by quantitative NMR (the highest standard for crosslinker purity)
• Solubility: ≥ 10 mg/mL in DI waterProduct References:
Crosslinker Application Guide -- search for recent literature references for this productRelated ProductsPierce™ Premium Grade Sulfo-SMCC (sulfosuccinimidyl 4-(N-maleimidomethyl)cyclohexane-1-carboxylate)SM(PEG)4 (PEGylated SMCC crosslinker)
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.